PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We have to clearly state who told the secretary what to do.

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: We have to clearly state who told the secretary what to

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:57 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Let's put this thread to rest now. Just saw on channel 8 where Coach Brown told Brett Shipp that the assistant acted on her own.

Why? That's like saying the Patriots ball boys acted on their own. Defies all logic.

They were "dating"?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby CalallenStang » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:08 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Let's put this thread to rest now. Just saw on channel 8 where Coach Brown told Brett Shipp that the assistant acted on her own.

Why? That's like saying the Patriots ball boys acted on their own. Defies all logic.

I must have actually won my fantasy football game this weekend since Tom Brady is suspended and didn't get my opponent 27 points
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:30 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:

Reed, I like you as a poster, so don't take this personally, but I remember when your fuching frogs had to hide recruits pre-signing day in hotels to keep them from SMU because there was such a bidding war between the 2 schools.

Please no moral lectures, not today.
SoCal_Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:37 pm

How about that increase in basketball ticket prices ouch
One Trick Pony

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:59 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:How about that increase in basketball ticket prices ouch

http://www.cannibalthemusical.org/sounds/doomed.wav

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
ReedFrawg wrote:

They were "dating"?

No they weren't. I think you are inferring that from some other posts you have seen. But they were not.
JasonB

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:46 pm

JasonB wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:
ReedFrawg wrote:[quote="Rebel10"]Let's put this thread to rest now. Just saw on channel 8 where Coach Brown told Brett Shipp that the assistant acted on her own.

They were "dating"?

No they weren't. I think you are inferring that from some other posts you have seen. But they were not.[/quote]
Actually it was from the report where it said they struck up a relationship and then later it mentioned him going to her house. I could definitely be making an incorrect inference, but How do you know they did not "date"?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:15 pm

She was married and babysat his kid.
JasonB

Postby stc9 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:07 am

As of right now, I would have everyone keep their mouths shut. I would go through the legal/NCAA process. Once that is determined, if SMU feels the need to create a scape goat or message the story, they can spin the story then. At this point in time, it is not in our favor to create a media situation that we cannot control. Until we have regained control or have final resolution (meaning not the NCAA), the risk reward is not in our favor.
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
stc9
Heisman

Postby ReedFrawg » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:51 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:
ReedFrawg wrote:

Reed, I like you as a poster, so don't take this personally, but I remember when your fuching frogs had to hide recruits pre-signing day in hotels to keep them from SMU because there was such a bidding war between the 2 schools.

Please no moral lectures, not today.

I'm not trying to be moral about it. If they were "dating" then I get it...if not then I doubt an assistant just goes rogue and does it on her own. That's all I am saying - not trying to be a jerk.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 am

doesn't really matter of they were dating or not. It isn't that hard to figure he thought he needed help and reached out to a friend (or girlfriend). Don't know why anyone would see that us unfeasible.

I predict we get the post season ban reversed - for multiple reasons.
gostangs

Postby bubba pony » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:02 am

are Keith's hand clean? he gave her his password. so he was 100% complacent. the crime is LB will forever be labeled with 3 strikes while he went to bat for a student trying to improve his lot in life.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby SMU 86 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:30 am

gostangs wrote:doesn't really matter of they were dating or not. It isn't that hard to figure he thought he needed help and reached out to a friend (or girlfriend). Don't know why anyone would see that us unfeasible.

Right, she was probably a friend trying to help KF but just went about it the wrong way.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby PonySnob » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 am

The power of the P!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby JasonB » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:36 am

gostangs wrote:doesn't really matter of they were dating or not. It isn't that hard to figure he thought he needed help and reached out to a friend (or girlfriend). Don't know why anyone would see that us unfeasible.

That doesn't explain it.

She said in interviews that she asked Keith for his login and password and told him to 'Not worry about it" (fugghheetaboutit).

Look, nobody buys the "lone wolf" thing. And, personally, I am tired of all the phone calls I and emails I have received over the past day telling me how bat 5h!t crazy I was to believe SMU was running a clean program.

As a donor to the program and someone who wants to protect my personal integrity, I want to understand the following:
1) Did the admin attend compliance education seminars.
2) What exactly did SMU investigate to determine if someone coerced her to do this?
3) What exactly did the NCAA investigate to determine if someone coerced her?
4) Have we ruled out the possibility of a major donor encouraging her to do it?
5) Have we ruled out the possibility of someone associated with AAU and completely outside of SMU or the boosters encouraging her to do it?

I need to be convinced WHY SMU believes she was a lone wolf, because I am sick of answering questions from people. I also don't feel comfortable watching the press throw LB under the bus if it isn't justified. And I am guessing I am not the only one.
JasonB

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball