PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

USA today: RGT calls out (implies) UNC should be scared

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: USA today: RGT calls out (implies) UNC should be scared

Postby PlanoStang » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:34 pm

RebStang wrote:
Puckhead48E wrote:Well, the talking heads are already out there pushing that this was solely athletic department while UNC was solely academic fraud so they should be viewed differently...ignoring the fact that coaches and tutors shepherded athletes into those classes. It is terrifyingly funny to see the wagons circle around the big schools. Well, sad too.

They're engaging in some incredibly fallacious reasoning to make UNC's situation not sound worse.

What I've seen is some really tenuous arguments that UNC wasn't providing an "extra benefit" since their fake classes were also available to regular students. The problem with that argument is that the violation isn't "extra benefits" - it's academic fraud.

Academic fraud doesn't fall under the category of extra benefits in the NCAA rules. It falls under the rules about unethical conduct. In other words, it really doesn't matter that UNC's fake classes were available to regular students as well - it's still unethical to create do-nothing classes and hand out grades for work that wasn't done... and UNC did that to the tune of 3,100 total cases where over 1,000 of the cases involved student-athletes, according to one article I've read on their situation.

This :!: :!: :!:

and many compliance courses at Bell Helicopter tell me so :!:

and it was a Bell 407 with the 4 meaning 4 blades on the rotor getting Chad around the
recruiting area :!: That's a Bell Jet Ranger 209 in the graphic I see with 2 blades.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Mrydel wants to learn emotions from you
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Smilie face
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand