PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Anyone Else?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Anyone Else?

Postby SMU1523 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:04 pm

I am not in the slightest upset that we are in this position. I am more upset that our local media (WFAA) is more interested in destroying us than getting behind us.

Edit: and [deleted] the NCAA. They are the most corrupt institution involved with academia.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:40 pm

one thing that has kind of been brushed away is how did this "lady" Larry Brown's administrative assistant get so involved in the recruitment of Keith Frazier in the SUMMER of his Senior year BEFORE he was enrolled at SMU? Knew all kinds of things like the idiosyncrasies of the NCAA +1 Rule. Yeah she was a rouge employee
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:34 pm

What was her name?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Devil with the blue dress I told you
One Trick Pony

Postby PK » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Stallion wrote:one thing that has kind of been brushed away is how did this "lady" Larry Brown's administrative assistant get so involved in the recruitment of Keith Frazier in the SUMMER of his Senior year BEFORE he was enrolled at SMU? Knew all kinds of things like the idiosyncrasies of the NCAA +1 Rule. Yeah she was a rouge employee

Not knowing who this person is or where she came from, it is hard to say how she got involved. At some point some one said she baby sat Keith's kid on occasion. She may have developed a "big sister" attitude...who knows. Since when did she become LB's personal administrative assistant? That sounds like a closer relationship than I have heard described before. Thought she was just an Athletic Department administrative assistant. You know, they use to call these positions of "administrative assistants" secretaries and receptionists. Was it stated in the report that she was Larry's personal administrative assistant?
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby smusportspage » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:53 am

Stallion wrote:one thing that has kind of been brushed away is how did this "lady" Larry Brown's administrative assistant get so involved in the recruitment of Keith Frazier in the SUMMER of his Senior year BEFORE he was enrolled at SMU? Knew all kinds of things like the idiosyncrasies of the NCAA +1 Rule. Yeah she was a rouge employee

After coming form KU, it came to her naturally. She obviously thought that is just how things are done. Really not that complicated.
Last edited by smusportspage on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 am

Just remember folks, when it come to SMU and the NCAA, everyone else gets the benefit of the doubt from Stallion, but not SMU. Don't get too worked up over it.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby couch 'em » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:23 am

The lesson here is don't report this tothe NCAA. This could have EASILY been covered up
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:29 pm

☆~^^^^^~☆
Kinda like being drawn off sides and raising your hand.

Where is the suicide rollercoaster picture when you need it
One Trick Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball