PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rick Hart the muppet AD

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Rick Hart the muppet AD

Postby smupony94 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Stallion what do you think of red light tickets in Plano since I got one coming back from the Baylor game
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:14 pm

smupony94 wrote:Stallion what do you think of red light tickets in Plano since I got one coming back from the Baylor game

actually you now have two b/c I got one a couple of months ago and my defense was that I loaned my car to you
RGV Pony

Postby smupony94 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Check is in the mail
smupony94

Postby Sacco » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 pm

What is the date the new structure went into effect?
Sacco
Scout Team

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:33 am

The problem with the NCAA is the hit and miss ways they've always dealt with stuff. One of my favorite NCAA issues was the Native American stuff. William & Mary was a school founded to teach the indigenous peoples of Virginia. It adopted as its nickname and logo "Indians". Well that was found to be insensitive, so they changed it to Tribe, but kept the native American themes. The NCAA threatened to take away championship games (FCS playoffs) if they kept the Native American themes (despite being founded to help Native Americans). FSU was mentioned by W&M as being much more insensitive and the NCAA said , so what, the Seminole tribe likes FSU. When Appealed to the NCAA general session, the appeal of W&M was denied. North Dakota is called the Fighting Sioux. A majority of its student body are members of the Sioux Nation. Most Sioux have no problem with the name. Again, the NCAA made them take down all Native American themes from uniforms and arena. The NCAA has always been arbitrary in its decision making and they need to be made to make a choice in this case while the UNC and Louisville cases are pending. We have lots of bases to appeal including that the record is devoid of any competitive advantage gained from the infraction. We simply need to have something for the Appeals Committee to hang its hat on, if it doesn't want to slam UNC and Louisville. Because if we are slammed, they should be hit hard for years and if they are not, that shows that the appeals are arbitrary and capricious.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Previous

Return to Basketball