PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

A Perspective That Made Me Think (and be happy)

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: A Perspective That Made Me Think (and be happy)

Postby texasmustang10 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am

To be clear, we should absolutely appeal if we can get a decision by March, which seems reasonable, right? But if not, playing on a borrowed bid is recruiting suicide.
texasmustang10
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 am

actually the argument on here is that you appeal because you don't think they will finish appeal before March Madness. Delay so your best team gets a shot at run in playoffs.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:22 am

I kind of disagree. First you do not appeal unless you feel strongly you can win. That is beyond my knowledge. But if you do, I would rather find out quickly. If in our favor we dance in March. If not in our favor, we miss out this year but the penalty is not carried over and we get a fresh start tourney wise next year.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Puckhead48E » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:36 pm

mrydel wrote:I kind of disagree. First you do not appeal unless you feel strongly you can win. That is beyond my knowledge. But if you do, I would rather find out quickly. If in our favor we dance in March. If not in our favor, we miss out this year but the penalty is not carried over and we get a fresh start tourney wise next year.

Exactly. Launch appeal now unless you are 99.9% certain you can get the post-season ban rescinded. If they come back in early March and say "no dance for you!" then we deal with it. I also understand there may be a line of thought that giving the most time for the appeal facilitates the rest of the current batch of investigations to move forward, possibly prompting a different perspective on punishments to the fore and potentially forcing the NCAA to lighten our load to accommodate lighter punishments against blue bloods.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:28 pm

cant you withdraw an appeal at any time? If so I don't know why we would not appeal. It just keep another window open. We feel it is taking too long, our seniors leave, or we start sucking, and we just withdraw and take our punishment as scheduled.
gostangs

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:37 pm

You can unsuit so why not unappeal
RGV Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball