PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

AAC Preview: Can SMU win the league without a postseason?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby ponyup13 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:50 am

Nice to see some support from the media.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... ostseason/

SMU could win the league but may not be postseason eligible: If you read this site than you’re probably already aware of how I feel about the postseason ban the NCAA handed SMU. I hate it. I think it’s morally wrong simply because the people that pay the ultimate price — seniors Nic Moore, Markus Kennedy and Jordan Tolbert — are the ones that are actually hurt here. Because this SMU roster, which also includes Keith Frazier (who earned them that ban), Ben Moore and Duke transfer Semi Ojeleye, is good enough to not only win the AAC regular season title, but they have the pieces — and the head coach — to make a Final Four run.
Here’s to hoping that the appeal process takes six months. I want to see this team have a chance to play in March
Last edited by ponyup13 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ponyup13

Re: AAC Preview: Can SMU win the league without a postseason

Postby Smulaw90 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am

Hell yes, that's what I'm talking about. Finally, someone talking real sense here. SMU (if it gels as we expect), could make a significant run in the tourney. The media recognition, the "talk", the "debate", could all be benefical long term if we file the appeal and take our punishment next year when we were not going to be as deep and talented. By next year, we will lose, Justin, Nic, Markus and probably KF.
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Smulaw90 wrote:Hell yes, that's what I'm talking about. Finally, someone talking real sense here. SMU (if it gels as we expect), could make a significant run in the tourney. The media recognition, the "talk", the "debate", could all be benefical long term if we file the appeal and take our punishment next year when we were not going to be as deep and talented. By next year, we will lose, Justin, Nic, Markus and probably KF.

Do you mean Jordan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball