PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Game thoughts

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Game thoughts

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:15 am

Why do we always start so freakin' slow for very important games/big games...I am soo sick of this.

Synder hit 4-5 for 3 land. He was great tonight. Nevada was the better team and SMU played like total crap. Nevada spanked us at their place and came out and spanked us again. They had 16 assists to our 6 assists. I really had a feeling it was over in the first 5-10 minutes. We again had no defense for the 3. Nevada made 10 3 pointers - what the hell - we have known this ALL YEAR LONG!!

Hopkins had another off game and it really hurt us...5 TO's and 2 assists. He really needs to be the engineer to this offense and gave us nothing. Ross couldn't even carry us tonight b/c everyone else had nothing.

Hats off to Nevada and I think they'll give Tulsa some trouble. TU - UH game was pitiful to watch and both teams had real trouble scoring. Either team will get waxed in the first round of the tourney regardless. They are both VERY lucky that Fresno is not playing.

Q is the man and I don't see much changing with the "amazing" Dement. Q carried the team all year...Isham was a big disappointment to me..he was awful these last 5 games or so. When will we see the post season, when will we actually WIN the WAC? ..probably not under Dement!!

Let's hope these new boys can bring something to the program. Simpson will be a stud next year at least. Starting 5 - Hopkins, Lowe, Simpson, Castro, Isham?? Is Craft any better than the Rak? If that is the case, Hop will shoot all year long.

Thanks Q for a great career and season - you are the man and a class act!!!

Later - looking forward to selection Sunday....anyone have a pool?

Big upsets last night. MD,UT

[This message has been edited by Pony_Fan (edited 03-15-2003).]
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball