PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TULSA

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TULSA

Postby red&blue » Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:30 am

Just got back from the tournament. Sad, sad, sad. You should have seen the look of frustration and disappointment on the players' faces. When will SMU wake up, and NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY?? There was actually a pretty decent group cheering the Ponies on. Come on, Copeland, do something.
red&blue
Scout Team

Re: TULSA

Postby No Cal Pony » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:26 pm

I sure hope there was frustration and disappointment. From what I've been told and read, they should be. However, what happened falls into two main catagories: poor coaching, and poor play. If the kids play their bast, hardest, and concentrate, and they still lose, then we know where the other side lays. While many on the board say we do not have the talent, I say b.s. We have some good talent, and given the face of the WAC this season, the potential to have won the conference.

What had Dement done to really maintain the kids attention. To push them to be their best. (Although, IMHO, this should be a given.) What does Dement do to counter changes and play of the other teams? While many moan that maybe playing at SMU isn't the best, it sure beats a lot of other schools in a lot of other places.

I never expected to be a top team this season, but sure expected a lot more. If the incoming kids can live up to what is to be expected, then the future should be brighter. If there is a letdown, the we must demand Copeland do something. Dement should be pushing hard now, otherwise, hasta la vista, baby.

As always,

GO PONIES!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Return to Basketball