PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chris Reay Numbers

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chris Reay Numbers

Postby Stallion » Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:33 pm

nobody has mentioned him all year long and I could never find him on the 5A stat list-but I looked it up and he averaged 15.7 points and 6.8 rebounds. He was 184 for 309 for 59.55 Pct-would have been 62.59 if he hadn't bricked 0-15 3 pointers. His scoring average could have been much higher if he could make a free throw where he was 71 for 142 or just 50%. Plano West was 19-9 overall and 7-7 in the tough district with Plano, Rockwall, Lake Highlands, Plano East etc. Plano West is a slow scoring team who even had numerous games in the 40s and even in the 30s. The stat that really concerns me is that this huge kid in HS got only 17 blocked shots against smaller competition. For example, Top 100 National recruit Warren Carter who signed with Illinois had 154 blocks or more than 10 times Reay. Reay doesn't appear to be a jumping jack does he.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Chris Reay Numbers

Postby Stallion » Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:52 pm

BTW the DMN has a stat tracker that allows you to check the season and game stats of all teams and districts in the area. Just for kicks I pulled up the two games that Plano West/Lake Highlands played. Disclaimer: I don't know that Warren Carter and Chris Reay went head-to-head in their meetings but Reay generally was statistically competitive against Carter except for Blocked Shots. In the first game won by Lake Highlands 61-55 Reay had 18 points 12 rebounds and O Blocks while Carter had 20 points, 14 rebounds and 7 Blocks. In games two also won by Lake Highlands 54-44, Carter had 14 points, 10 rebounds and 5 Blocks while Reay had 13 points, undetermined amount of rebounds since Plano West stats were not kept for rebounds and 0 Blocks.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Higher Authority » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:09 pm

No, he's not a jumping jack at all. He looks like a slightly shorter Mike Niemi, in terms of his build. He's fairly burly looking, so I hope his (apparent) lack of leaping ability is overshadowed by strength and knowledge of the game that has him in great position for rebounds and put-backs.
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:41 pm

I hope to see the day we get a Warren Carter. Bill Self is putting together a nice stable of DFW boys at Illinois.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Return to Basketball