PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Matt Doherty

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Matt Doherty

Postby OldPony » Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:00 pm

Mr MulletMike- I disagree that the Sasser squads were more talented. They certainly never exhibited the discipline thisyear's team did in the last half of the year. BHop could be the best recruit since Jim Krebs. Simpson is a player. Yes- He needs to get tougher and I think he will. He improved greatly this past year and I expect he will continue to get better. Castro is a solid role player. He takes up a lot of room and isn't afraid to set tough screens. He isn't very athletic but he does have pretty good hands and I liked seeing he and Simpson passing to each other this year. Isham is athletic. He doesn't have good range but that could be improved. He is disciplined about when he shoots (I'm not sure but I think he had the highest shooting % of the backcourt starters). He is a fighter for rebounds. I like Rack. He is still a project but shows promise. He will be a better sub than he was last year and better than Nigel ever was. The 2 is the position we need to step forward unless Reay can be a good 4. Simpson can probably handle the 3 putting Isham at 2. I think we can show some different sets next year which could cause opponents problems. I said in an earlier post, this team can be good IF they work hard in the off season. That is Dement's first challenge. BHop could be mentioned in the same breath as TJ Ford IF he has the want to. If he doesn't, the team won't go far.
OldPony
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball