PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL GAME 3: SMU vs. Yale THREAD

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL GAME 3: SMU vs. Yale THREAD

Postby ojaipony » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Spot on about crowd. Came across great on tv. Also spot on with B Moore. We need both he and Shake to play better (yes I know Shake is a freshman and will be a stud for us). Everyone else played about how they can - Except Nic but he gets a little bit of a pass because he's banged up. Tolbert is filthy as I thought he would be.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyKai » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Crowd came across great on TV.

Let's stop and think about that for at least half a second. The squad isn't Top 25 (they will be, but let's be honest, that arbitrary number is important to casual fans), it wasn't a marquee match-up, Sunday before Thanksgiving, Larry's suspended, no post-season, and Moody was mostly full and rocking. Looked and sounded great on TV.

Still a ways to go until this is sustainable (long-term), but we're making very solid strides.
PonyKai

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:10 pm

About those timeouts...did Yale coach call one while they were running their offense (which is against the new rules)? Seemed to me the ref pointed at the bench for the TO; Jank came out and had words with the ref immediately. Now there was a Yale player near the bench and he could have called it but I didn't see it that way. Need to watch the replay or maybe someone who watched on tv knows better.
smusic 00

Postby Topper » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:11 pm

I haven't watched video of the game yet but I came away thinking that we weren't passing as much as usual. There were a couple of spectacular passes to the rim to be sure, but I didn't seem to be seeing as much movement as usual. Also Yale was killer with the 3s and we were completely off target from outside.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:Crowd came across great on TV.

Let's stop and think about that for at least half a second. The squad isn't Top 25 (they will be, but let's be honest, that arbitrary number is important to casual fans), it wasn't a marquee match-up, Sunday before Thanksgiving, Larry's suspended, no post-season, and Moody was mostly full and rocking. Looked and sounded great on TV.

Still a ways to go until this is sustainable (long-term), but we're making very solid strides.

Concur. We have come so far [pat selves on back]. Brought two first timers from East Dallas and one's teenage son. They were blown away. The boy made his dad buy him an SMU sweatshirt at halftime cause he thought it was so cool. This is real, this is happening. There are so many fans in Dallas who just don't know they are yet.
smusic 00

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:33 pm

Did anyone notice on TV that Nic was shaking hands with his left hand and holding his right close. I know he had the pinky thing. Could he have picked up another injury during the game?
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Jank alluded to as much in the postgame
RGV Pony

Postby Pony_Law » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Treadway21 wrote:Did anyone notice on TV that Nic was shaking hands with his left hand and holding his right close. I know he had the pinky thing. Could he have picked up another injury during the game?

From watching him during the game it seemed like it was his just his pinky still. He was really grimacing after he blocked thwt shot down low in The 2nd half.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:36 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:I believe there was a tournament team playing in this game....and the other one a top 20 team.

Not only will Yale play in the tournament, they'll upset some seeded P-5 team in the first round. Please lord, make it Texas.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Pony_Law » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:37 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:I believe there was a tournament team playing in this game....and the other one a top 20 team.

Not only will Yale play in the tournament, they'll upset some seeded P-5 team in the first round. Please lord, make it Texas.

Unless they blown heir conference like they did last year.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Looked like nic was rubbing/stretching his right shoulder a lot after getting fouled early.
smusic 00

Postby smupony94 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Pony_Law wrote:
Treadway21 wrote:Did anyone notice on TV that Nic was shaking hands with his left hand and holding his right close. I know he had the pinky thing. Could he have picked up another injury during the game?

From watching him during the game it seemed like it was his just his pinky still. He was really grimacing after he blocked thwt shot down low in The 2nd half.

Saw him holding his shoulder
smupony94

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:47 pm

It looked like a shoulder from the way he was holding it but I didn't notice him favoring during the game.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:49 pm

The TV announcers seemed to think he hurt his shoulder.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby The Falcon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:57 pm

smusic 00 wrote:About those timeouts...did Yale coach call one while they were running their offense (which is against the new rules)? Seemed to me the ref pointed at the bench for the TO; Jank came out and had words with the ref immediately. Now there was a Yale player near the bench and he could have called it but I didn't see it that way. Need to watch the replay or maybe someone who watched on tv knows better.

I concur with you Music. I was watching their coach and I am sure he called time out
while the ball was in play. In fact, I thought I saw that happen twice in this game, and
you are correct about the rules prohibiting that.

What would be the result if the refs were to call that - possibly a technical foul or the
loss of the possession?
The Falcon
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball