PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL GAME 3: SMU vs. Yale THREAD

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL GAME 3: SMU vs. Yale THREAD

Postby smupony94 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:11 pm

@mark_kennedy5 1m1 minute ago

Aye rest of the country please do NOT sleep on Yale. But don't get it twisted...we do this #FOEinc
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:16 pm

PoconoPony wrote:Lots of areas for improvement. Still not impressed with Frazier's game. He tends to force shots, plays loose D and frequently exhibits poor mechanics. Great crowd; move on.

He played great defense in the 2nd half, pretty much shutdown Yale's best player. Also was solid offensively in the second half. Smu was out hustled on the glass and didn't make their free throws down the stretch which is why this game finished as close as it did. Props to Yale they played well and hard. If smu played thei a game we win by 10+.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyFan32 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Everyone is so invested in Keith's D being terrible that we are going to miss it if/when his D actually becomes good lol.

Although he shot poorly and had a few bad plays, he did step up his D in the second half and several nice passes and makes off his dribble drive.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Janks mentioned in the post game that the team might have overlooked a talented Yale team a little bit
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:29 pm

I believe there was a tournament team playing in this game....and the other one a top 20 team.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Lets see how things go for Yale on Wednesday. I'll bet Duke's coach, whatever his name is, will be watching our game film tonight.
Last edited by sadderbudweiser on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:42 pm

One of the biggest factors of the game was Keith penetrating on the dribble-he's turning a weakness into a strength

Hey we got pushed by a well coached team that executed well in the first half. We took the punch and responded. Great game-great win. Seems to be a different vibe from those watching on TV

I got the same vibe as some of those teams we played close a couple of years ago like Eastern Washington when we bitched how close the games were but they were actually quality wins. Yale played very well
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Remember this is pretty much the same team that went into UConn and beat them last year.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Interesting to note that Keith was on the floor 36 minutes tonight. More minutes than anyone else on the team. I wonder how many times tonight LB would have given him the hook. Jank seems to see things a bit differently. Keith is an amazing talent and the fans love and respond to him. I guess it'll always be...no, no no....YES! When it comes to watching him.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Comet » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Good Yale team!
Comet
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyte » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:59 pm

KF played well and his D was a big factor in the second half. Yale is well coached and played hard. On to Brown.
ponyte

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:11 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:I guess it'll always be...no, no no....YES! When it comes to watching him.

Just when I wanted to scream at him he made a great defensive play, then a minute later the alley-oop. He just needs to share a little more and be patient.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Keith actually played well. His two or three bone headed shot selections are why he gets so much grief. He does some amazing things that don't show up on stat sheet - forcing turnovers and rebounding like he is 6-10.

If you are going to disappointed with anyone's play tonight it would be Ben Moore, who was out of sorts all night. Also sterling stayed in foul trouble all night.

Tolbert is a stud. That is the guy I feel worse than anyone for regarding the tournament.

The chip on their shoulder can get negative when pressured. They are going to have monitor the mood to play like winners, not whiners. And nic should be able to let a crappy ref roll off his back by now.
gostangs

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Gostangs, I think your last paragraph will be key to this season. What will the reaction be when things don't go our way? That will be the test and important for the coaches to get ahead of. We want to have the best season possible but something will go wrong at some point.
smusic 00

Postby Pony81 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Gotta give a shout out to the crowd for this game. You could see the team respond to the crowd support and noise in the 2nd half. And you could see Yale wilt under the pressure. The Yale coach called a few time outs to get the crowd out of it and it showed in that they were a bit rattled.

Home court advantage is a real thing with our crowd. As a opposed to the Stanford crowd which brought nothing to their team.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball