PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rankings

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Rankings

Postby AusTxPony » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:35 pm

That Stanford win was a good one, looking at our daily rankings:
Kenpom #16
Sagarin #15
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Re: Rankings

Postby The PonyGrad » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:37 pm

To repeat myself from another thread (Daily Rankings) I like it but just to tap the brakes a bit, we are getting credit (early in the season) for beating two teams that were a lot better last season.
8)
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:00 pm

AusTxPony wrote:That Stanford win was a good one, looking at our daily rankings:
Kenpom #16
Sagarin #15

I sure hope we do the same next year.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Puckhead48E » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:22 pm

The PonyGrad wrote:To repeat myself from another thread (Daily Rankings) I like it but just to tap the brakes a bit, we are getting credit (early in the season) for beating two teams that were a lot better last season.
8)

But...you can also look at this as us doing what we are supposed to do and doing it well. Look at some of the teams who have slipped up already or won sloppy games against very weak opposition. Just need to maintain this pace and grow this squad for a statement season before we really turn this on next year.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby The Falcon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:46 am

The Stanford win is a quality win even though they have lost players to graduation and
injury. It was a road game for us at an odd hour in a fairly dead gym - the kind of game
that has always given us trouble. Any road win is a good win. This team will only get
better as the season rolls on. Markus began to show his impact on the game at Stanford
but he still needs to cut back on the fouling. Nic turned it on late in the 2nd half when
we hit a lull and he just flat took over the game.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:43 am

Plus we dominated even without Markus and Semi-the pain and heartbreak of rising expectations. You got to love it
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Return to Basketball