PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Top 25

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Top 25

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Hahaha. Well done, DiamondM
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:34 pm

DiamondM wrote:Hey all, can you let me know which of the following men who voted for SMU in this week's AP poll you consider to be hot (ideally those that are 15-20 years younger than me)? I'd like to ogle them on account of their appearance:

Jon Nyatawa, Dave Borges, Justin Ferguson, Tod Palmer, Bruce Pascoe, Christian Caple, [deleted] Vitale, Kevin McNamara, Mitch Vingle, Seth Davis, B.J. Rains, Clay Fowler, Hugh Kellenberger, Matt McCoy, Mike Barber, Richard Croome

I'm pretty familiar with Vitale -- he's too old, bald, and annoying, and Seth isn't really my type. But please feel free to post photos of the others if you see something you like (other than their journalistic opinions of course).

Thanks.

They all have twitter accounts that you can follow and some of them post lots of photos of themselves and others. You should get a twitter handle and assess for yourself. Here's what Mike Barber, beat writer for Virginia Tech had for dinner the other night in case you missed his tweet:

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DiamondM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:48 pm

They all have twitter accounts that you can follow and some of them post lots of photos of themselves and others.

I know, but I'd much rather you post attractive headshots of the ones you like to make it easier for me -- you know, like everyone does for the female journalists.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:08 pm

DiamondM wrote:Hey all, can you let me know which of the following men who voted for SMU in this week's AP poll you consider to be hot (ideally those that are 15-20 years younger than me)? I'd like to ogle them on account of their appearance:

Jon Nyatawa, Dave Borges, Justin Ferguson, Tod Palmer, Bruce Pascoe, Christian Caple, [deleted] Vitale, Kevin McNamara, Mitch Vingle, Seth Davis, B.J. Rains, Clay Fowler, Hugh Kellenberger, Matt McCoy, Mike Barber, Richard Croome

I'm pretty familiar with Vitale -- he's too old, bald, and annoying, and Seth isn't really my type. But please feel free to post photos of the others if you see something you like (other than their journalistic opinions of course).

Thanks.

:lol: well played....I hear Mitch Vingle has a smokin hot grandson.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Richard is the Aggy beat writer. Said he rushed his poll before heading off to divorce court. Presume he's available.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Comet » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:37 am

I think we have to go with Seth Davis. He's been a believer of SMU for a while
Comet
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTime » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Comet wrote:I think we have to go with Seth Davis. He's been a believer of SMU for a while

I'm a big fan of Seth Davis as well. He is so Dreamy and his analysis is spot on.

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:02 pm

PonyTime wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:Carino has us unranked this week, which is odd if he had us at #23 last week. It will be close if we get in this week. I guess we will find out around noon.

Makes zero sense. Just like that writer that moved TCU up multiple spots after we crushed them. Half these guys don't watch the games

Sent Jerry the following message at jcarino@gannettnj.com

Seemed to work last year when we bugged the votors...

Jerry -

Love to follow your balloting - as you have such a pulse on the Northeast corridor of Basketball. But wanted to point out one odd note in your latest ballot:

Last week you had a 15-4 SMU team at #23 and this week they are 17-4 and unranked in your ballot.

SMU beat UConn by 20 and Houston by 21 this past week - both teams predicted to be in the top of the American conference standings at the beginning of the year.

I know UConn is down this year, but SMU was up by over 20 at the half and started playing reserves and walk-ons in the second half. SMU was up 27 on Houston and essentially held onto the ball for the last 5 min of the game.

Not sure what you expected out of the Mustangs to keep them in your ballot.

To get back on topic - here is Jerry's response - somewhat understand his thought process here...

Hi, thanks for the inquiry.

Tough call but I try to work off the existing poll rather than my ballot from the prior week (unless the existing poll contains a huge abnormality). I felt compelled to respect voters' wishes and keep Maryland. And Kansas State's big win over WVa put it over the top in my view.

The Ponies were the final cut; they will remain on my radar next week for sure.

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:07 pm

That;s a fair response
smupony94

Postby skyscraper » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 pm

I have no problem with that thought process. Sounds like he puts effort and time into it, which is all you can ask for.
skyscraper

Postby SMUstangs22 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Wow I am great with that response
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby indianmustang » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:05 pm

now we need to tweet all the guys with score and record
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby PonyRef » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:19 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:Wow I am great with that response

I think that it's weak. If you thought that SMU was #23 last week followed by 2 big wins, then go with it. His approach is pure peer pressure going with the masses. Have some conviction and do your own analysis.
PonyRef
Scout Team

Postby SMUstangs22 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:04 pm

PonyRef wrote:
SMUstangs22 wrote:Wow I am great with that response

I think that it's weak. If you thought that SMU was #23 last week followed by 2 big wins, then go with it. His approach is pure peer pressure going with the masses. Have some conviction and do your own analysis.

Never said I agree. Just think its nice he had a method behind the madness and that he cordially responded
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 pm

We will get less points this week because we covered on the road but don't play on the weekend.
smusic 00

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball