PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

keith FRAZIER

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

keith FRAZIER

Postby indianmustang » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: keith FRAZIER

Postby max the wonder dog » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:49 pm

Great article, except for what I feel was unfairly associating Keith with the academic misconduct.

His efforts working through the academic probation and improving his defense are truly commendable. Also, I thought he really kicked his passing up a notch against Yale
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:23 pm

How was it unfair?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby max the wonder dog » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Grant Carter wrote:How was it unfair?

"many fans are likely to point toward Frazier's errors as the reason for the team's suspension from post-season play this season."

I don't believe the "errors" were Keith's fault. If he had any role in the on-line course -- and I'm not implying that he did -- it was because he took bad advice from an authority figure.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 am

Ok
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby hoopmanx » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:39 am

People will believe anything. I'm much closer to that extremist group that goes by the name 'Keith Frazier is a snitch." it's not a very catchy name, but it's what we believe.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:23 am

RGV Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:37 am

One Trick Pony

Postby PonyKai » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:56 am

haha
Last edited by PonyKai on Sat May 21, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PonyKai

Postby RyanSMU98 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:57 am

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:So after reading that article, I'm led to wonder based on the title, why do we "so desperately need[]" Frazier to "breakout?" It's the headline, and author doesn't spend a single line of substance on it.

Yeah, the article doesn't touch on it at all, but my perspective is that Keith needs to breakout to put to rest all of the "was he worth it?" talk. We've heard it in the media, Lord knows we've heard it a gazillion times on PF, and I would bet there are even some in the locker room who have at least thought it if not said it (if I'm Nic or Markus I'm wondering about it since this kid cost me my last shot at the tourney). Also, if you are a part of the Hoopmanx "snitch" movement, this kid needs to give you something to show it was worth the pain.
"I don't think anyone around the country has any idea how good we are going to be." - Coach Justin Stepp

GO MUSTANGS!!!!
RyanSMU98
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 am

Keith could average 30ppg this season and he still wouldn't have been worth it
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby PonyKai » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:08 am

RyanSMU98 wrote:
Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:So after reading that article, I'm led to wonder based on the title, why do we "so desperately need[]" Frazier to "breakout?" It's the headline, and author doesn't spend a single line of substance on it.

Yeah, the article doesn't touch on it at all, but my perspective is that Keith needs to breakout to put to rest all of the "was he worth it?" talk. We've heard it in the media, Lord knows we've heard it a gazillion times on PF, and I would bet there are even some in the locker room who have at least thought it if not said it (if I'm Nic or Markus I'm wondering about it since this kid cost me my last shot at the tourney). Also, if you are a part of the Hoopmanx "snitch" movement, this kid needs to give you something to show it was worth the pain.

I agree; just bad writing. "Hey guys, here's my semi-clickbait headline. Now watch me write half a dozen paragraphs and not even touch on the headline in a cursory manner. Yay journalism!"
PonyKai

keith FRAZIER

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:53 am

It is a local site called centraltrack. What were you expecting?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:03 pm

The fact that Central Track even follows SMU basketball is commendable. They usually review art galleries and fancy cocktail bars.
smusic 00

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:20 pm

RyanSMU98 wrote:

Information?
One Trick Pony

Next

Return to Basketball