PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Does SMU have a weight room!?*?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Does SMU have a weight room!?*?

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:34 pm

Better question is, do our basketball players use it? Other than Nigel, I haven't seen any noticeable improvement in strength in our players the past several years. Watching the Rack at the Global Games last night, albeit limited action, I couldn't help but be disappointed that he doesnt seem to be working in the weight room. With some added strength in his legs and upper body, he would be a much better player.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Does SMU have a weight room!?*?

Postby abezontar » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:48 pm

they do and it is supposed to be really nice and for the athletic department use only. You know that Loyd All Sports Center, it's in that thingie
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:42 pm

Believe it or not, Quinton Ross added a lot of strength and muscle (yes, he was even skinnier as a freshman.) And of course, Damon Hancock hit the weights when he was at SMU.

Patrick Simpson seems a lot stronger, too.
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:43 pm

I think you are right about Q it was just hard to tell. I always thought Damon was a strong player, kind of like BHop now. Can you update us on Damon now, playing overseas? As for Simpson, I just didnt see much of a difference from freshman to soph year, but there was some. All I know is somebody needs to get the Rack in the weight room.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OlePony » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:38 pm

I thought Simpson looked a lot stronger last ear compared to his freshman year. I hope to see that much improvement again. I hope Castro, Isham and BHop are working hard too. I believe we have motivated athletes but we will be able to tell come September.
OlePony
Recruit

Postby Hoofprint » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:14 am

I thought Isham was a lot stronger as a sophomore, too. I mean, he's still thin, but when he was a freshman, he looked like he would blow away in a light breeze. I think he's working pretty hard.

Where's Hancock playing?
Hoofprint
All-American

Return to Basketball