PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BHop's Recovery

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

BHop's Recovery

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:33 pm

Anybody out there with an update on Bryan? This was SMU most highly touted recruit in forever and, unless I've missed something, things have been strangely silent on his recovery.

How's he feeling and playing? I'm looking forward to seeing him on the court this coming season.
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: BHop's Recovery

Postby PG » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:54 pm

He's perfectly fine. Nothing wrong wth him at all. He's been playing pickup over at Moody several times a week (and other places as well).

Most likely, he'll never be able to leap like he once did in high school but he still can throw it down.
PG
Junior Varsity

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:23 pm

As we all know, conditioning was his biggest problem last year. Seeing his old buddy go 4th in the draft should have been motivation enough for Hop to get back into shape and lose that extra weight. As for his jumping ability, I think he will get back to his high school level.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby ponyboy » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:53 am

Bhop played nicely last year, but you could tell he wasn't 100%. A guy with his skills, and now a year of experience at the next level under his belt, should show signs of domination out there. I hoping for more than just flashes this coming year.
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy

Postby Pony4Life » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:03 pm

I'm eager to see the burst of quickness that so many people talked about when he signed. You could tell he was hobbled all year last year.

(Of course, we'd all like to run and leap when healthy like he does injured, but that's for another discussion....)
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:08 pm

What do you mean?!!You can still slide a credit card under OP's vertical but that is about all.
If BHop isn't motivated by Bosh's success, then we signed the wrong guy. He really has no excuses this year. If he isn't in great shape then its his fault. He got a lot of experience and should be outstanding next year if he ever will be. 2003-04 is BHop's chance to live up to the hype surrounding his signing. Let's all pray that he can.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball