PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

U of Louisville

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: U of Louisville

Postby smupony94 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Does make a good point - fine the school and coaches but let the kids play
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:34 pm

smupony94 wrote:Does make a good point - fine the school and coaches but let the kids play

If there was ever a situation where the "player benefitted" it would be a hooker. Besides the sweet STD they likely got I would say a post-season ban is warranted.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby CA Mustang » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:34 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:
smupony94 wrote:Does make a good point - fine the school and coaches but let the kids play

If there was ever a situation where the "player benefitted" it would be a hooker. Besides the sweet STD they likely got I would say a post-season ban is warranted.

Do they know which players partook? Pretty sure the two graduate transfer seniors weren't involved.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Topper » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:42 pm

How common is this pimping? Two of my football teammates (late 70s) were recruited by a church school down the road which was coached by an evangelical lay preacher. They both told me that hookers were sent to their hotel rooms, and that the morning they left town the coach came by the room to tell them that they probably wouldn't be getting an offer (commendably) and that he hoped that they enjoyed the girls. These stories were told to me independently by a couple of guys who weren't prone to fantasy. Did any of you lettermen see or hear of such things when you were recruited?
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:07 am

Topper wrote:How common is this pimping? Two of my football teammates (late 70s) were recruited by a church school down the road which was coached by an evangelical lay preacher. They both told me that hookers were sent to their hotel rooms, and that the morning they left town the coach came by the room to tell them that they probably wouldn't be getting an offer (commendably) and that he hoped that they enjoyed the girls. These stories were told to me independently by a couple of guys who weren't prone to fantasy. Did any of you lettermen see or hear of such things when you were recruited?

It was a common saying in the early 80's that a certain coach at a church school down the road "recruited with a bible in one hand and a box of condoms in the other." I never visited that particular program, but the stories were plentiful.

I can say with first hand knowledge that it has been common practice for decades to take recruits to a strip club during their weekend visit. It probably happens at 90% of FBS schools, including this one.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby mrydel » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:55 am

Ah yes. I remember seeing Bubbles Cash in downtown Dallas. I think it might have been at one of Jack Ruby's places but not sure about that.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:18 am

mrydel wrote:Ah yes. I remember seeing Bubbles Cash in downtown Dallas. I think it might have been at one of Jack Ruby's places but not sure about that.

This was your first wife correct ?

One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:25 am

She turned down my proposal.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Arkpony » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Candy Barr was better!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby PK » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:11 pm

Arkpony wrote:Candy Barr was better!

Was Chris Colt and her 45s still around when you were here? 8)
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby CA Mustang » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:20 pm

mrydel wrote:She turned down my proposal.

Did this lead to the formation of the WDNWHA committee?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:29 pm

If I recall correctly, games outside of the US don't count against your limit on games. Have a St. Patrick's Day Tournament in like the Bahamas or Mexico with SMU, Syracuse and Louisville and some team with a Native American name violation, like North Dakota.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:49 pm

I don't think UL will get much for than a financial penalty and a 1 year postseason ban. Maybe the coach gets suspended a few games too. Don't think the NCAA considers hiring hookers on the same level as academic fraud.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Previous

Return to Basketball