PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sloane/Baylor Article

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sloane/Baylor Article

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:09 pm

I couldn't agree more with this columnist.

<A HREF="http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=dw-baylor&prov=yhoo&type=lgns" TARGET=_blank>http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=dw-baylor&prov=yhoo&type=lgns</A>
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Sloane/Baylor Article

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:43 pm

this writer hits the nail on the head when he comments that Baylor will do anything to protect their status as a BCS school. Ya think their Pres is watching how the NCAA deals with the ACC's request for a rule change that would allow a football championship game for a conference of only 11 schools? Ya think the Big XII will remain supportive if they suddenly ealize they can share their revenue 11 ways instead of 12 and in the process "do Baylor a favor"?

The truth is that Baylor belongs with SMU, TCU & Rice in a reconstructed SWC. This whole BCS mess is getting in the way of common sense.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OldPony » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:55 am

I hope that article gets in front of the Congress. If you aren't BCS, you can kiss your program goodby within another 5 years if something isn't done fairly quickly.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:21 pm

wow. That guy laid it on the line. But really, its pretty easy for everyone to dogpile Baylor right now. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If a legit investigation was done on all the Top 25 football and bball programs right now, you would probably find major rules violations and questionable ethics in 20 out of the 25, or 80%. Even Duke. It was quite a coincidence how Chris Duhon's mother got a good job in Durham when she moved there from Louisiana. Its all about selective investigation and enforcement. Just like the small dope pushers on the street will get busted all day long, but law enforcement rarely seems to uncover the drug lord.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball