PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season Tickets

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Mickey » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:58 pm

It is apparent to me that I am not in the same league with most of you. I renewed my season tickets and bought some extra tickets for individual games at a cost of $895 this year. That is a LOT of money for yours truly. And I dont even get a schedule prior to my renewal. Give me a break!

As one of the earlier posts said, why not buy tickets at the window? Yeah, why not? This is my last year to be a season ticket holder. I will, henceforth, buy tickets for individual games at the ticket window. I am now kicking myself for buying season tickets for all of these years when it wasnt necessary.

Diamond M, for the record ALL schools send out season ticket order forms with a SCHEDULE. TBA refers only to the time. The date on the schedule has already been decided. In SMU's case this year there wasnt even a schedule. Since I travel a lot, and I am not like most SMU alums, I cant afford to pay $140 for tickets on a day I might not be in town.

You all win, the answer is dont be stupid and buy season tickets. Buy individual tickets at the window on the day of the game. That is assumng the ticket window is open an hour before the game. That is a big assumption!
Mickey
All-American

Re: Season Tickets

Postby TheSkelf » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:07 am

I have a better idea. Just freaking stay home. The reason you buy season tickets is to support the program.

The reason there was no schedule was because there were changes that they had to wait on the WAC to make a call on. If you had just checked the damned website, which is plastered on just about everything that the department sends out, then you would see that there was a temporary schedule posted. It was only posted through a glitch in the programming, but it was there.

No one claims that the department is run perfectly, but they are doing their best. I know that everyone over there is very open to meeting with just about anyone to discuss a problem, especially a customer service concern. Just give them a call.

<small>[ 11-03-2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: TheSkelf ]</small>
....and yes, crap is my favorite word.
TheSkelf
Recruit

Previous

Return to Basketball