PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season Tickets

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Season Tickets

Postby Mickey » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:46 pm

Got my renewal form for season tickets today.
Could order tickets for individual games, but there was no schedule. Is this typical or what? More than unbelieveable!
Mickey
All-American

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:46 pm

No schedule in the envelope? Par for the course my friend...SMU is so ridiculous sometimes
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby No Cal Pony » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:29 pm

Hey, at least we are not my wife's beloved florida gators, who ended up with a CROCODILE on their Media Guide!

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:31 pm

Pretty bad when the ticket office asks you to buy tickets for the upcoming season and doesn't include a schedule. Where was the "rah, rah" letter from coach Dement?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby GURU » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:59 am

I am sure that if you bought your season tix and made a note that you wanted to buy tix to an individual game, that the ticket office would let you. Stop being a jerk and complaining about things, and find out why there wasn't a schedule for you to choose individual game tix to.
GURU

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:07 pm

No Cal Pony - give your wife my deepest sympathies. the true tragedy is the hiring of ron zook. i miss my fun n gun gators of the spurrier days.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Mickey » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:56 am

Originally posted by GURU:
I am sure that if you bought your season tix and made a note that you wanted to buy tix to an individual game, that the ticket office would let you. Stop being a jerk and complaining about things, and find out why there wasn't a schedule for you to choose individual game tix to.
Guru, Quit trying to defend the indefensible. They sent out order forms that allowed you to pick individual games. I wanted extra tickets to the Tech/WFU games, but at the time, there was no schedule included with the order form. Hence, I would have had to order tickets for games that didnt have a dates. Would you pay $70X2 for 2 extra tickets to games when you dont know when they will be played. The least you can expect is a schedule if they are trying to sell individual tickets.

I have earned the right to [deleted] about things like this. I have been a season ticket holder for 21 years, and I have seen it all. But this is ridiculous. If you think that the major FB and BB chools operate like this, you are not qualified to comment on anything. This is unaccetable and bush league!

<small>[ 10-08-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Mickey ]</small>
Mickey
All-American

Postby Eddie P » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:12 am

In all fairness, I think it should be mentioned that a separate letter went out after the season ticket renewal form was sent to everyone without a schedule because our schedule wasn't finalized yet. This letter specifically mentioned why a schedule was not sent out (for the reason I just stated)and provided a schedule. So, an attempt (and money) was spent trying to clarify or even rectify the situation.

We must be bored if we're still harping on this...

Postby Mickey » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:06 pm

Originally posted by Eddie P:
In all fairness, I think it should be mentioned that a separate letter went out after the season ticket renewal form was sent to everyone without a schedule because our schedule wasn't finalized yet. This letter specifically mentioned why a schedule was not sent out (for the reason I just stated)and provided a schedule. So, an attempt (and money) was spent trying to clarify or even rectify the situation.

We must be bored if we're still harping on this...
Bored-No! Pissed off-Yes! I called the ticket office after I received the order form, and they could not give me dates of individual games. I had to go in person to get answers. Offering individual tickets for games without a date- how can you justify this? Yeah, I got my schedule well after the fact that I spent half of a day trying to get some answers regarding the schedule.

The best question yet! Why did they send out the schedule 1-2 weeks after they sent out the order form? Why did they not include a preliminary schedule with the order form? The letter that you are referring to only provided a preliminary schedule anyway. Better yet, why not wait 1-2 weeks until the schedule is finalized and then send out the order form with a firm schedule. Then they would not have to send out a letter of explanation as to why it was f----- up in the first place.

You must have an agenda of protecting this incompetence. Do you work in the marketing department or ticket office? My agenda, as an alum and customer,is to [deleted] until this kind of crap ends.

I am tired of trying to be logical with illogical people. In all fairness, somebody has to use some common sense at SMU. I know someone over there has just a little.

The reason for the low attendance may be more than just the product that is being put on the floor/field. Try making it easier for the fans when they want to purchase tickets.

Several military acronyms comes to mind about the Atheletic Marketing Dept.: FUBAR, SNAFU, FIDO, BOHICA. If you don't know their meaning, someone can explain. They are appropriate and have been for at least the last 20 years.

<small>[ 10-08-2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Mickey ]</small>
Mickey
All-American

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:43 pm

Hey Mickey - I completely understand your disgust. Write letters and emails so they know the f*ed up. I did send an email to Will and I got zero response.

Will Simpson, Manager, Ticket Office 214-768-2904 wsimpson@mail.smu.edu

Nathan Johnson, Asst.Manager, Ticket Office 214-768-3523
Pony_Fan

Postby Eddie P » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:51 pm

You sound quite angry about this. I am sorry you are so unhappy. Please don't let me intterupt your [deleted]...get it all out if you must.

No, I do not work for the athletic department. I too am an alum, fan and consumer. No agendas. No subterfuge. Simply making a point about the letter they sent out attempting to explain the situation. That's all. Not getting into an argument today with a rabid older fan and his fascination with military acronymns.

<small>[ 10-08-2003, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Eddie P ]</small>

Postby GURU » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:59 am

You know Mickey, you may be right. Why don't you just stop buying season tickets and buy tickets to the game you want right before the game. By all means, just because you have bought tix for 21 years means you should expect more. And being the avid fan that I am, I know that dates and times of games never change.
GURU

Postby DiamondM » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:36 am

I doubt many schools hold mailing of season ticket order forms when they have some TBA dates and times. Look, if you need to check your calendar to see if the 2 biggest games are going to fit your schedule, then fine. [deleted] all you want, don't buy the extra tickets until they're available to the public, whatever. Or if you're like many season ticket holders at schools around the country, you might just go ahead and buy those extra tickets and then do what you can to schedule around the big games, or if you absolutely have something better to do on that date and at that time, find someone who will take them off your hands.

I'm so sick of whining about minutia. We have a lot bigger things to worry about than whether SEASON TICKET HOLDERS (who generally are not buying tickets based on scheduling anyway) got to check their personal day planners for 2-3 months out before deciding to buy some extra tickets. Waaaah.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:55 pm

I'm sure budget has a lot to do with the lack of a competent ticket office staff, so don't blame them. We just don't have the funds to hire the personnel to get the job done first class. It's the little things that make the difference, guys. We don't take care of the "little things!" Service from the ticket office IS important and I have been ticked off more than a few times at their lackadaisical attitude.
Bergermeister

Postby GURU » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:16 pm

Don't you think that they would give people the information if they had it? Don't get mad just because you want something and it can't be done when you want it.
GURU

Next

Return to Basketball