PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lindy's

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Lindy's

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:08 pm

college basketball preview notes on SMU.
They have us picked to finish 2nd in the WAC behind Nevada. Individually, Hop gets all kinds of pub. Picked 1st team all-WAC (only Soph on the 1st or 2nd team). Dubed WACs Most Entertaining Player and WACs Best Defender. On a national level, he was picked as the 2nd most exciting leaper in the country in a category called "S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky."
Simpson and Castro were selected as 3rd team all-WAC, and Dement says that Pearson has the potential to be one of the best rebounders in the country.

I know this is all blah, blah, blah, but I'm ready for some hoops! Also, a 100% Hop is going to be special to watch.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Lindy's

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:21 am

Let's hope he makes all this true.
I would have to argue about his defending..very lazy last year.

2nd behind Nevada..?? Get real - I am still VERY concerned with a Rossless team next year. Who is scoring?? Hop can't do it all. Simpson better step it up big time.

...bring on hoops!!!!

[This message has been edited by Pony_Fan (edited 09-18-2003).]
Pony_Fan

Re: Lindy's

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:56 am

PF, I agree with you on Hop's defending last year. But in his defense, his injury kept him from moving laterally and hampered his quickness. Apparently, the person covering the WAC for Lindy's saw him play in high school and knows how capable he is of taking over a game with his pressing defense.
Also, you mentioned your concern about where the scoring will come from with Q gone. Dont forget about Isham.

As far as our schedule goes, we have a very tough OOC schedule (3 Big XII, 1 ACC, and 1 Big 10). We have Tech and #19 Wake at home and Purdue and #21 OSU on the road. Then we play at TCU, at San Diego, at Baylor, at Navy, and App State at home. That schedule should have us well prepared for WAC play.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Return to Basketball