PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Man of many talents

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Man of many talents

Postby PonyPride » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:47 am

Amid all of the hype paid to this year's SMU team, to the trio of seniors and the team's run toward a possible regular-season American Athletic Conference title, junior forward Ben Moore has emerged as an exceptional talent who flies largely under the radar despite a versatile range of skills that includes scoring and defense, ball handling and passing, even battling under the boards with players who almost always are bigger — sometimes by a lot. Moore, head coach Larry Brown, strength coach Carlos Daniel and a couple of teammates visited with PonyFans.com to explain Moore has become perhaps the team's most underappreciated player.

To read this story, please check the link on our home page: http://www.PonyFans.com

Enjoy!

Webmasters
PonyFans.com

Reminder: Due to a change in PonyFans.com's relationship with our ad serving company, please access all PonyFans.com stories and videos via the home page, rather than copying the direct link to the message boards. Doing so allows the ads to benefit the site more, thereby allowing us to continue to operate this site at no charge to our readers.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Man of many talents

Postby Grant Carter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Nice article.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Thanks for this part-these kids aren't always the stereotype dumb jocks we categorize them to be-look forward to see him graduate with a real degree.

Moore said that if the opportunity arises, he definitely would like to pursue a professional career, a goal both Larry Brown and Daniel said is within Moore’s reach. But if Moore is a thinking man’s basketball player, that interest in learning also carries over to the classroom for the English major.

“I love writing,” Moore said. “Something in my future I could see myself doing is something with writing. I just love English — I’ve always been good at it. I wasn’t really thinking about it from a job perspective. I was thinking about it more like, when you create something as an art form, it lasts forever — it’s timeless. So if I can create something timeless, I’m leaving a piece of myself to the world. I thought that was cool.”
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Arkpony » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:19 am

Smart man!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:15 am

Great article. Thanks.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:32 pm

I know this thread is about Ben Moore, but when I think of Ben I also think of the other half of that Illinois combo that helped elevate this program...Sterling Brown. He's another guy who does a lot of things on the floor that aren't necessarily captured in the stat sheet. I really think we have Jalen Jones to thank for Sterling's development because Jalen's bailing out allowed Sterling to play a lot more minutes his Frosh and Soph seasons than he may have seen with Jalen still here. Suffice it to say, I'm really looking forward to watching Ben & Sterling lead this team next year and that duo gives me pretty high expectations for next year's team.
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball