PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tough Schedule!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tough Schedule!

Postby JasonB » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:01 pm

17 wins... Will need an early upsed to get into the post-season?
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tough Schedule!

Postby Hoop Fan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:20 pm

It is a tough schedule. I like the Ok State game being on ESPN. When was the last time we had a game on ESPN? Must have been the old pajama party games against TCU. Gotta beat good teams to get respect. Wake Forest at home is a chance for an upset. When was the last time we played a top 20 opponent at home that wasn't Kansas or Arkansas? Those teams have a ton of alums in Dallas, so the games against them became like nuetral court games. We should have true rowdy home court advantage against Wake. Should be a very interesting year.
Hoop Fan

Postby PK » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:35 pm

Our newly creative Athletics Department Marketing guys need to sell, sell, sell Dallas BBall fans big time on the Tech and Wake games for sure and as many others as possible. This will be a good oportunity to get the serious college BBall fans as well as SMU fans out to see SMU play and maybe get them interested enough to come back for more. Wouldn't that be fun.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Pony_Fan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:26 pm

I dont think Tech will need any push - Tech will sell out I am sure. The true BBall fans will come out for the Wake game since ACC is one of the best bball conferences.
Pony_Fan

Postby Hoop Fan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:41 pm

The Tech game in particular needs a push for SMU alums. Youre right the Tech fans will scoop up remaining tix, but I'd rather have a house full of SMU fans than Raiders.
Hoop Fan

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:00 am

Do we get an alottment for away games, or do you deal with that school. I'd love to go to the Navy game to ring out the old year.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby OldPony » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:26 pm

Ark and KU sounded neutral? It was at least 2-1 in favor of the visitors. Maybe it just sounded that way since we had nothing to cheer about. There is no excuse for SMU basketball not drawing 6-7000 SMU fans to watch good teams. At least encourage everyone to buy tickets so they can scalp them to TT fans and send the profits to the Mustang club.
I'm excited about the Pony BB team and look forward to beating someone we shouldn't this year. Unless we win the WAC it will take 20 other wins to go dancing. A win against Wake,TT or OSU would help tremendously if we can only get to 19. All 3? I just can't help dreaming.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball