PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lonnie Walker enjoys meeting Larry Brown

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Lonnie Walker enjoys meeting Larry Brown

Postby dcpony » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:01 am

PennLive.com
Reading's Lonnie Walker said he enjoyed his visit with SMU coach Larry Brown last week, and is looking forward to a visit from Syracuse this week. Walker has helped lead team Raw Sports into the semifinals of the Donofrio Classic.
Print Email Brian Linder | blinder@pennlive.com By Brian Linder | blinder@pennlive.com
Email the author
on April 11, 2016 at 8:00 AM, updated April 11, 2016 at 9:19 AM
The recruiting buzz continues to build around Reading junior guard Lonnie Walker.

Walker (6-foot-5, 180 pounds) said he was visited by Southern Methodist coach Larry Brown last week, and expects a visit from Syracuse this week.

Walker, who will lead team Raw Sports in the semifinals of the Donofrio Classic at 8:30 tonight, said the Orange have yet to offer, but they are on his list of favorites along with Villanova, Miami, Oregon and SMU.

And the meeting with Brown, the former Philadelphia 76ers head coach, helped put the Mustangs firmly on Walker's radar.

"It was great," Walker said of the meeting. "He was one of the most down-to-earth coaches that I've gotten to meet. Certain coaches don't know how to approach players, but he laid it out for me. He told me I'd be going there to become a better person.

"It wasn't all about going to the NBA."

Walker averaged 16.9 points per game last season, and earned All-State honors. ESPN ranks him as the 23rd best player in the Class of 2017.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ss ... njoys.html
dcpony
All-American

Re: Lonnie Walker enjoys meeting Larry Brown

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:05 am

In Larry Brown we trust.
SMU1523
Heisman

Re: Lonnie Walker enjoys meeting Larry Brown

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:33 am

yes please
Pony ^