PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Clippers waive Quinton Ross

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Clippers waive Quinton Ross

Postby vismatt » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:00 pm

Just saw that the Clippers waived Q today. Hopefully he'll catch on somewhere else. It seemed like he had a couple of good games in the preseason and looked good in the summer leagues. Maybe some other team liked what they saw and will take a chance on him.

Now that Sasser has been waived we need another Pony in the league.
vismatt
Scout Team

Re: Clippers waive Quinton Ross

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:16 pm

this should help put things in perspective for those who hold unrealistic hopes for this program. Two of the best players to play for the Mustangs in years aren't good enough to make an NBA roster, much less see any playing time in that league.

One thing is for sure: we are going to enjoy the bball season much more than we have this football season.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Greenwich Pony » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:57 pm

We're enjoying this football season? I don't believe I've had this much fun since I had slow dental surgery...
Support the Commitment! We're all SMU Mustangs fans- we should all be committed!
Greenwich Pony
Varsity

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:24 am

Sasser was way too wild and never learned how to shoot. Q is a good, solid player but nothing compared to the NBA stars of today. He is too skinny/lanky and is a be-tweener player. But the Clippers are pretty loaded with young talent....Maybe it's because his shot is too flat? I truly wish him the best b/c he was a class act.

<small>[ 10-26-2003, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Pony_Fan ]</small>
Pony_Fan

Postby Hoofprint » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:54 am

NO! That's terrible. If there's one player who truly deserves a spot, it's Q. This is very upsetting. I sure hope he catches on somewhere, and comes back one day to stuff it down the Clippers' collective throat.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby OldPony » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:34 pm

Q will play in the NBA.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:55 pm

Right now the NBA is cycling toward Euro players who have a team outlook and HS kids who they can try and develop. That means quality guys who put 4 years in college like Q get lost in the shuffle. I suspect, if he stays in shape, he'll get a 10 day contract after a few players get injured and may play himself into the league.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Return to Basketball