PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Plans for Moody?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Plans for Moody?

Postby Water Pony » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:45 am

Watching the board suggests that there may be plans to enhance Moody, add a separate practice facility, etc. Any comments or knowledge on the plans or probabilities that something might happen?

With new Recreation Center annoucement, how does that effect options?
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Plans for Moody?

Postby The CPC » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:35 am

Originally posted by Water Pony:
Watching the board suggests that there may be plans to enhance Moody, add a separate practice facility, etc. Any comments or knowledge on the plans or probabilities that something might happen?

With new Recreation Center annoucement, how does that effect options?
The plans to renovate Moody have been drawn up and are ready to go. They will be implemented as soon as the money to pay for them is raised.

They will start raising money to pay for Moody as soon as they have the money to pay for the athletic departments annual operating budget, including the increased expenditures called for in the Commitment.

They will have the money to pay for their operating expenses as soon as they come close to the fundraising and revenue goals set forth in the Commitment.

They'll reach the revenue and fundraising goals set as soon as they average 28,000 legitimate paid attendance per game in Ford and 7,500 legitimate paid attendance per game in Moody. Oh, and triple the Mustang Clubs current annual donor level.

They'lll do all that......... ummmmmm..... lets see........ Sorry, CPC cant help you with this one.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby Water Pony » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:47 am

Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good? per CPC

I assume your point is "when hell freezes over". Thanks for the reality check but whether it tastes good or not, as an alum, I will be a Mustangs forever and will be drinking from the "trough". My problem is not as if I am going to cheer for another college, if others check out, despite the obvious justification.

<small>[ 10-27-2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Water Pony ]</small>
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Stallion » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:03 pm

when "hell freezes over" is defined as 4 years after SMU competes on an even playing field with its natural and traditional rivals. This ain't half as difficult as the administration would have you believe. Otherwise, explain TCU.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Water Pony » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:11 pm

Stallion, I agree with that! Four years does seem like forever when you are in our position, looking up at 116 teams. Using my math, that means we only have 2 and half seasons since we hit the reset button.

:hmm:
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:25 pm

the way Moody gets renovated is not through the general fund. What its gonna take is probably an individual or a corporation that wants some kind of naming rights. Lets say it will take $15 million to do the job. Lets say Hoop Fan wins an extra $15 million in the lottery. I go to SMU and say i'm sorry about those operating deficits, but do you want my money for my favorite basketball arena's renovation or not?
Hoop Fan

Postby methodistmustang » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:46 pm

Hoopfan,
I would just like to say if you won the lottery and donated the money to the SMU Athletic Department you would be the greatest Mustang fan on the planet. I'm going to pray for someone like you to win the lottery.
SMU-THE University of Texas
methodistmustang
Scout Team

Postby OldPony » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:46 am

Has there been an update as to The Commitment's success in raising money?
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball