PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bruno no longer part of the 2016 class

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Bruno no longer part of the 2016 class

Postby Smulaw90 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:16 am

If anyone wants to give up their seats because of the price increase let me know. If they're better than mine, I'll buy them.
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue May 24, 2016 9:27 am

Smulaw90 wrote:If anyone wants to give up their seats because of the price increase let me know. If they're better than mine, I'll buy them.

What's your budget? 5k 10k 25k
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:40 am

One Trick Pony wrote:
Smulaw90 wrote:If anyone wants to give up their seats because of the price increase let me know. If they're better than mine, I'll buy them.

Mine is .000005k
smupony94

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue May 24, 2016 11:12 am

1k for me
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Tue May 24, 2016 12:07 pm

smupony94 wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:

Mine is .000005k

Speaking of that. Any interest in seats that make young children cry this year?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smupony94 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:11 pm

mrydel wrote:
smupony94 wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:[quote="Smulaw90"]If anyone wants to give up their seats because of the price increase let me know. If they're better than mine, I'll buy them.

Mine is .000005k

Speaking of that. Any interest in seats that make young children cry this year?[/quote]

I will ask
smupony94

Postby Stangs1970 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:31 pm

SMU Ticketing screwed my seats up 2 years ago, and say they "cannot correct" it now.

Okay, I am a guy that has been a long time supporter and I am not re-upping the tickets. As it turns out it isn't that big of a ticket in Dallas because we announce sellouts every game with 25% empty seats. Then like the bad sales & marketing people they are, they keep coming back after 2 deadlines passed. If my tickets are not corrected then I am watching on TV as much as I love to be there with my daughter. I have 4 tickets and am tired if the lack of effort. We will see what happens when they need season ticketholders again.

My observation on this program is we do not really seem to be able to attract that many top talents out of HS. We get diamonds in the rough, players who cannot pass that nobody will really take. We have the Fernando's and Kapita's that have to drop out because their SATs suck. We are becoming the reject school for transfers and that is better than what we were, but not where we thought we were going. May be a little off but not that far.

Yes they pissed me off.
Stangs1970
Junior Varsity

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed May 25, 2016 12:19 am

Stangs1970 wrote:My observation on this program is we do not really seem to be able to attract that many top talents out of HS. We get diamonds in the rough, players who cannot pass that nobody will really take. We have the Fernando's and Kapita's that have to drop out because their SATs suck. We are becoming the reject school for transfers and that is better than what we were, but not where we thought we were going. May be a little off but not that far.

Yes they [deleted] me off.

Froling chose us over Arizona

Shake chose us over Indiana and OU

Ben and Sterling both had major offers when they chose SMU
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed May 25, 2016 7:57 am

Stangs1970,
I understand your frustration. I'm sure most on here have had a situation with some office at SMU (admissions, registration, tickets, giving) during our time at the school. Unfortunatley, it happens. Don't let the actions of a few affect your support/love of SMU. Remember, most of the people you're dealing with in the ticket office didn't go to SMU, they just work there. I'm sure they are good people and think they are doing the right thing but you're probably not going to get the support/customer service like you would from an alum.

And ECM is right, we have landed several highly regarded HS talents. Shake and Froling leading the way. Bruno and Kapita hurt but it was a chance we needed to take. As much as well all love SMU, it is not the easiest sell to basketball recruits. To compete at the highest level we are going to have to take chances on players like Bruno and Kapita.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:20 am

Stangs1970, SMU is still gaining recruiting respect as a basketball program since we really just started being good over the past 4 years. It just takes a bit of time and consistency. I realized that when we got Ben and Sterling that Jerrance Howard was here and now is at Kansas and that Froling's sisters were enrolled at SMU so that had to have some influence as well. But I think if we can have a good year and make the NCAA tournament that our recruiting momentum will get better.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Wed May 25, 2016 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Stallion » Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 am

Unbelievable
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PonyKai » Wed May 25, 2016 10:42 am

Stallion wrote:Unbelievable

It really is.
PonyKai

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed May 25, 2016 11:12 am

Unfathomable
One Trick Pony

Postby hoopmanx » Wed May 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Who cares about high school kids vs transfers? Think of the offers Whitt and Semi had. Essentially, we missed on Whitt but get him a year later. He sits the season and he's a soph eligibility-wise. That puts him in Dashawn, Aussie Tom and Frolings class. That's two top 75 type kids and the unheralded kids had offers from schools like USC, Boise etc.

This is more San Diego Sta build than a blue blood. As long as the guys we do get can play, what's the worry. It's not like this staff does tons of crap evaluating
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Wed May 25, 2016 1:21 pm

I've thought for awhile there's actually an advantage in congregating more mature, experienced upperclassmen on your roster than signing freshman every year-except if you are a blue-blood program like Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Kansas etc who get the NBA lottery picks. SMU's strategy certainly has worked. Generally, you can get more out of transferring big man than a raw freshman of relatively equal ability. Their bodies have physically matured and they've had greater exposure to the level of play
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball