PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How' the lady hoops team look?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

How' the lady hoops team look?

Postby smu hoops fan » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:32 pm

anybody go to the lady's scrimmage? I heard they have a lot of new players. Can any of them play is the question. They have a pretty tough non-conference schedule.
smu hoops fan

Re: How' the lady hoops team look?

Postby Spaz » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:14 am

I think they look HOT!!! What lookers!!! If only I could get them to notice me....

Oh, wait, you mean on playing wise.....well, no idea here...
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby abezontar » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:33 am

If I remeber correctly nearly the entire recruiting class from this past year is over 6'. If they have any talent at all that will do great things for our team. Plus we have a transfer from Texas, and one from Vanderbilt (both with good women's bball programs) that will get to play this year. An article in the DMN said that Rhonda expects to make the tournament this year. No one else has spoken that highly of us (given our slide the last two years) but I think we have a shot to do well this year, probably not win the WAC unless we can pull an upset over La Tech at the tournament like we did CSU back in 99, but we should be really competitive if everyone stays healthy.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rambo » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:03 pm

The women look strong. The tallest recruit they got, Janelle Dodds (about 6'4") is redshirting this year.

Jenna Leet, is a good shooter, as is Katie Gross. The other freshman is Jennifer Sweeney, she looks like she will be a presence in the paint.

The rest of the squad is back, looking for big seasons from Coss, Kim Walter and Kaira White. Unfortunately, another player that was supposed to unleash this year was Julie Colli, but she blew out her ACL in practice on Saturday and is expected to be out for 4-6 months. I think the team will be pretty decent this year. They have a tough homestand at the beginning of the season, but they should hold strong.
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangStealth » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:55 pm

The ladies looked real good last night in their exhibition. Gross played really well, had a swat and a couple of threes, and Swinney looks to be a bigger body in the middle than we've had in a while. If Kim can get back her mobility she'll be good. Cossey was unstopable, knocking down several shots from close to NBA 3-pt range. Ram is fast and athletic as ever, and Kendall Shead will be playing with some experience. Sarah Davis had a good game too.
The team still needs to work on defense, but there is a lot of promise. The offense worked last night because everyone was hitting their shots. I don't know if they'll be able to keep it up if the shots aren't falling, but I think we have enough returning experience that we'll be able to play better as a team this year.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby abezontar » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:57 pm

KIM WALTER!?!?!? I thought she was done for good after that injury in the win over Oklahoma last year.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball