PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jarrett Allen chooses Horns over Coogs

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jarrett Allen chooses Horns over Coogs

Postby ponyinNC » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:24 pm

you guys have it all wrong. Inclusive = winning. You win big time, and both suburban and inner city kids rep your brand.

Look at Duke - possibly more "exclusive" than any schools on your list, including SMU. But they have skins on the wall. Same with Georgetown.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

bingo - we have a winner.

Baylor and A&M are the two least minority represented major university campuses in Texas, and are also the least accepting socially of non majority students. But they have great sports programs that win, therefore they are "inclusive". Winning cures all.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:34 pm

I think Baylor has one of the highest representations at 7.6% or something like that. Regardless of what people that are SMU fans and alums think as one poster pointed out that the perception of SMU might be bad to others. I remember when LB first got here he went to each fraternity and talked to them about the perception that SMU had of being unwelcoming to African American students. He said that he did know if the perception was true or not but wanted them to be welcoming to the incoming players. Baylor and Georgetown also rank as one of the top 88 colleges for African Americans. http://www.bestcollegesforblacks.com/index.html Anyway you have to get good players to win and Coach Brown has even said that it is tough to recruit players to SMU. Bingo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonyTime » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:12 pm

I call BS on this...

I would suggest that The entire Sun Belt Conference is more inclusive than SMU, Baylor or A&M - yet, I don't see Sun Belt teams being any more successful than SMU, Baylor or A&M.

And I would suggest that the least inclusive school in the Country is BYU and they seem to be doing just fine.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Let's recruit like BYU then but to our religious affiliation.. Just have to find a bunch of white Methodists that can hoop and we could corner the market. :mrgreen:
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonyTime » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:19 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Let's recruit like BYU then but to our religious affiliation.. Just have to find a bunch of white Methodists that can hoop and we could corner the market. :mrgreen:

If every one of our alums would go get married at a young age (22-25ish) and have 7-10 kids, the pool of prospects would increase (as well as future attendance at games).
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyKai » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Sounds like kinda a lot of work.
PonyKai

Previous

Return to Basketball