PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

AAC Basketball 2016

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

AAC Basketball 2016

Postby smupony94 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:07 am

smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: AAC Basketball 2016

Postby shadowman » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 am

That is much better than last two years. We now get to play Temple Home and Home.

Very good to only play USF once. UCF could be a bit on the rise, but definitely not out of the middle of the pack.

I am happy with the 8 conference mates we play twice, especially since it includes Temple.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTime » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:54 am

So you're telling me I have to travel to Orlando to get my Tacko fix? Oh well - at least we get Temple...

CIN and Memphis kind of get screwed in this as they only play each other once. Serves them right for so publicly petitioning to not be in our conference...screw 'em.

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyte » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:58 pm

I like we have home and away with all the top end teams this year.
ponyte

Postby smupony94 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Our conference commissioner said this last week
“We have a strategic plan prepared, we are holding off on it but we have that good plan we will unveil at some point We have been doing a lot of other work scheduling, we have been doing a lot of work on basketball. We started to come back in (men’s) basketball and this year we could easily have six or seven teams in the NCAA tournament. Should we lose schools, we have thought a lot about our basketball, we know how important that is to UConn, to Memphis, to Temple and nobody knows precisely what is going to happen.”
smupony94

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 pm

The league is gonna be tough this year. UConn and Cincy are legit top 25 teams and I think we are too. It's going to be a battle
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:54 am

smupony94 wrote:Our conference commissioner said this last week
“We have a strategic plan prepared, we are holding off on it but we have that good plan we will unveil at some point We have been doing a lot of other work scheduling, we have been doing a lot of work on basketball. We started to come back in (men’s) basketball and this year we could easily have six or seven teams in the NCAA tournament. Should we lose schools, we have thought a lot about our basketball, we know how important that is to UConn, to Memphis, to Temple and nobody knows precisely what is going to happen.”

= welcome aboard Wichita St, UNM and csu
RGV Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:01 am

RGV Pony wrote:

I love games at The Pit. Bring back Norm!
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:02 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:
RGV Pony wrote:

I love games at The Pit. Bring back Norm!
...(oops....)
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Return to Basketball