PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Injuries

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Injuries

Postby Red Man » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:18 pm

I have an honest question. It seems like the basketball team always has an inordinate amount of injuries that turn into chronic and/or career threatening problems. Just in the last few years Voc Atkins (knee), Brian Miller(back), Nigel Smith (sinus), and now it seems Bryan Hopkins (toe) have had injuries that severely limited their potential. I know some of these can be chalked up to bad luck, but how much bad luck does it take before we start wondering whether it has something to do with proper diagnosis and treatment (eg quality of the trainers)? Some happened before the player arrived (Hopkins), but the diagnosis and treatment continues under the SMU staff.
Do other schools have injury histories in the past few years similar to our basketball team?
Red Man

Re: Injuries

Postby The PonyGrad » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:58 am

Well you can not really put Nigel in there but I have had a couple of questions in this area.

Have some of the "top" players we have gotten been passed over by others due to injuries not disclosed to us, or have we ignored those or not done due diligence?

The other question is why have players had so many foot injuries over the years? Over training?
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball