PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Battle 4 Atlantis 2017?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Battle 4 Atlantis 2017?

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:25 pm

When's the last time TCU beat that year's national champion twice in a year? Or made the tourney? Or reached the championship game in their conference? Cool story, brah.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Battle 4 Atlantis 2017?

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:23 am

footballdad wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:I'm not a football dad hater like many on here but he is way off with predicting TCU is about to blow past SMU in hoops. Maybe you're kidding, or just trying to get people worked up, which you're good at. If not, I'd sure like to know what you're basing that on. TCU might want to win more than two conference games in a season first. They have added a couple of nice players but they are far from having the talent we do. BTW, we will land a PG more talented than RJ in the 2017 class. Book it.

It's simple really. TCU wants to compete with the top of the Big 12 in basketball, just like they've proven they can do in football. They have the P5 resources, and the will to win, as evidenced by the facilities upgrades and the coaching hire.

The draw of the P5 for top recruits will even out the talent disparity with SMU quickly. All it takes is a couple big time recruits to change the fortunes of a hoop program quickly.

Larry Brown was the lucky lottery ticket for SMU. When he is gone it's over (history and age say he could be gone at any moment). No need to get mad at me for speaking the truth. Name one reason a big time recruit would choose SMU over TCU right now, other than Larry Brown?

Case closed.

Go away. One day the Mods will stop caring about the 11 cents in advertising you bring and ban you.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball