PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WDNWHA Committee: Emergency Meeting Requested

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WDNWHA Committee: Emergency Meeting Requested

Postby SMU Grid Iron Madman » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Call for formation of new subcommittee under the WDNWHA auspices: WJMWHA

Whereas Pre-LB SMU basketball had been a complete after thought on the national stage

Whereas LB tenure brought instant recruiting credibility, national program coverage, great University ambassador (couple of warts acknowledged), sell out crowds/unmatched community enthusiasm/interest, Upward program trajectory to a National Power. LB's run is not over.

Whereas LB loves SMU, brought his family to Dallas. Thought enough of our university to convince his kids SMU was a good choice. This speaks volumes.

Whereas SMU and LB are probably the closest thing to the Oakland Raiders of collegiate athletics (fair or not). Convention has never been either one of our long suits.

Now, therefore I make a motion to form a new WJMWHA subcommittee to consider the relative merits of LB tenure.

No, I don't like his resignation, nor do I understand what triggers a rash falling out like this when each side has gained so much from the relationship. Not too long ago the SMU community backed LB after the NCAA fiasco. I also supported him. Either you believe in the guy's character or you don't. I believe in his integrity. Let's get our guy back?
SMU Grid Iron Madman
Recruit

Re: WDNWHA Committee: Emergency Meeting Requested

Postby BleedSMUPride » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:05 pm

This is stupid. He is gone and support Jank in hi tenure. No players or recruits transfered out and he is a well respected guy and I have full confidence in his abilities as a coach.
BleedSMUPride
Junior Varsity

Postby SMU Grid Iron Madman » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:12 am

Thanks for setting me straight. I know you're right, Jank is our guy now, just such a tragedy. Moment of weakness.
SMU Grid Iron Madman
Recruit

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:22 am

I like the majority of the piece.
Unfortunately your request is denied.

Plus you still have to post over there or you get deleted
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:56 am

I agree with loving what Larry did for us, and actually really liking Larry, but no, this is not anywhere near the status of tragedy. Weird and pointless by Larry really, but SMU did the right thing here in my view. Rick didn't have a choice really. You cant give a 75 year old guy a 5 yr guaranteed contract.

Jank is the dude. We are going to rock because we will add some rubber to the road in the area of recruiting.
gostangs

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:31 pm

Life,and SMU sports, go on.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Return to Basketball