PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nevada Tonight!!!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Nevada Tonight!!!

Postby OldPony » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:55 am

Until the UConn game, I don't remember the IVY's scaring anyone other than Princeton. BTW- Academic and other scholarship aid is plentiful for good athletes. I know of several smart athletes who were quite poor but went to Princeton.SMU would wion the IVY easily. Our coach won it when he was at Cornell. We have better athletes.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Waz » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:15 pm

OP you might want to ask Penn State about their encounter with Penn and Yale last year, or you could just ask Temple, Villanova,Providence, USC, or LaSalle what they thought of Penn. Perhaps Virgnia would offer an opinion of Brown, or OK State and Wake on Yale. I would disagree that we would be an automatic in the Ivy, although we certainly should have better players.
Waz
Junior Varsity

Postby OldPony » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:55 pm

WAZ- If we have better players then it must be coaching if we wouldn't win. BUT Dement won the IVY with lesser players so how could that be? Snooze machine Eastern basketball sometimes wins but it is boring. As Billy Tubbs once said, "If I want to take a nap, I turn on the Big East". Give me up-tempo b'ball anytime. Has anyone in the IVY other than maybe Princeton won an NCAA tournament game in the past 10 years?
They do great with what they have and their players are better than most think but they can't really hang with any of the big dogs.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:59 pm

Nevada was very impressive, especially if UConn turns out to be as good as advertised.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball