PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We might have a chance at the tournament but...

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

We might have a chance at the tournament but...

Postby methodistmustang » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:50 am

We have the hardest schedule in the WAC again!!!! There are folks picking Rice to win the Wac because of their 19 win season last year. They didn't take into account that Rice played a pathetic nonconf schedule. What is up with this scheduling. I don't think Texas plays this hard of a nonconf schedule...I guess they have a much harder conf schedule though...Geez...most likely purdue, at san diego, ok state, tech, wake, what are we thinking. The thing I really don't like is playing teams like San Diego and Appalachian State. They are good teams but no one in Texas thinks so..so when we get whipped by them we look horrible.
SMU-THE University of Texas
methodistmustang
Scout Team

Re: We might have a chance at the tournament but...

Postby OldPony » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:00 am

The only way to the dance is to play tough teams unless you win the WAC. Good teams will always prepare you for WAC play better than pansies. I like the schedule. SD is good but we can win. App St should be a win. TT looks pretty good but not invincible. Wake is outstanding but is playing at our house this year. Most likely a loss but stranger things have happened. If we are to be a tournament caliber team we need to play this type of schedule and let the W-L's fall where they may. You probably get more points playing Wake and losing than by beating Pan Am.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby geephunk » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:23 pm

You didn't see the Umass game!
geephunk
Scout Team

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:46 pm

I like the schedule except the lack of home games. Playing a good ACC team is nice - Tech should wipe us but will be fun. App State is a good team and I don't mind playing them.

This team is not dancing but it should be a least competitive and fun to watch unlike the fball disaster.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponybutt » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:45 pm

For my hard earned money, this team has been fun to watch since they got Sasser and Willie! Since then I have been to every home game. And I have two young kids at home!!!!

I'm thinking of big things for this team are possible if the ball bounces right!

Lets go B-Hop!!! Simpson!!!
ponybutt
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball