PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Predictions?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Predictions?

Postby OldPony » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:06 am

I think the Ponies will win18 this year going into the WAC Tourney. Any other ideas?
OldPony
Heisman

Re: Predictions?

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:39 pm

Schedule is too tough this year with OOC and 12 home games - 15 wins
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:51 pm

Unless we get signficant contributions from this year's newcomers (and I will include the Rack and B.Miller in that group), I expect the same 17-13 as last year and think it will happen about the same way. Too many road games to do any better than 5-5 in the non-conference. Could go 4-6. Conference play will go 11-7 or possibly 12-6, but I expect 16-12 and a 1st round tourney win before bowing out. I still think we are a year away from being a WAC title contender and post season invitee. Hope I'm wrong. Nevada looked poised at UConn the other night and fought hard until the very end. I'm too accustomed to our guys lack of confidence and folding early against good teams.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:19 pm

this year's schedule may be tougher than we thought. App St just beat Boston College by 25 pts. That's not supposed to happen, is it? A Southern Conference "mid major" destroying a Big East school? *** I should have double checked that score. CBSsportsline site got it wrong. I knew that wasn't supposed to happen. That's one of the 5 non-conference wins I was planning on, along with tonight's game.

<small>[ 11-22-2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Charleston Pony ]</small>
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball