PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor recruiting

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor recruiting

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:40 pm

Baylor now has three signings and a top 30 class. Two are foreign players, but Im still amazed at what they seem to have done. Scott Drew seems like a putz to me, but apparently getting the job done. We better beat them on Dec 3, lets not be their first victim. They have more returning talent than I would have thought too.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Baylor recruiting

Postby True Colors » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:53 pm

If Baylor gets 6'9 Juan Diego Palacios(25th nationally or so), you will be looking at a potential top 15 class for this year, or possibly even higher than that.

Also, Baylor already has commitments from a top 100 national junior, Rashad Woods, and also a top 50 national big man, sophomore Chris Roquemore.

If things keep going at the rate they are now, Baylor basketball might really take off.

TC
True Colors
Scout Team

Postby Sic_em » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:20 pm

Scott Drew's first win was Texas Southern whom BU beat 72-59 tonight in Waco. Texas Southern was in the NCAA Tourney last season.
Sic_em
Junior Varsity

Postby Diehard Pony » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:41 pm

I am totally puzzled by the sudden appeal of Baylor to top basketball talent. They have zero basketball history, they are coming off a horrific scandal, and they have Waco (for those that have been there).
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby CoxSMU » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:55 am

Baylor also got a solid transfer from LSU, Tim Bush...
Geaux Ponies and Geaux LSU!
CoxSMU
Junior Varsity

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:19 pm

i would think the recruiting success is in part attributable to being able to make an immediate impact for a team in a big time basketball conference, which the big 12 has become, imo.

i'm actually kind of glad for them.
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby StangEsq » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:28 pm

Originally posted by Hoofbeat83:
i would think the recruiting success is in part attributable to being able to make an immediate impact for a team in a big time basketball conference, which the big 12 has become, imo.

i'm actually kind of glad for them.
It's tough to root for baylor when they didn't deserve to be in the conference in the first place.
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:52 pm

Originally posted by Diehard Pony:
I am totally puzzled by the sudden appeal of Baylor to top basketball talent. They have zero basketball history, they are coming off a horrific scandal, and they have Waco (for those that have been there).
Got one name for you...Jerome Tang. He's one of Drew's Assistants. He's probably as honest as used car salesman. He was notorious for basically stealing kids from HS to go to Heritage Christian Academy just to play basketball. That's why Rashan Woods ended up committing to Baylor.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball