PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Foster, Milton, Ojeleye Join U.S. Teams For Goodwill Tour

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Foster, Milton, Ojeleye Join U.S. Teams For Goodwill Tour

Postby PonyPride » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:36 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Foster, Milton, Ojeleye Join U.S. Teams For 2016 Global Sports Academy Goodwill Tour

WEST CHESTER, Pa. (SMU) – SMU's Jarrey Foster, Shake Milton and Semi Ojeleye were selected to The Global Sports Academy U.S. teams for the 2016 Men's Basketball Goodwill Tour. Foster and Milton will be part of the team with Patrick Baldwin, an assistant coach at Northwestern, while Ojeleye will be on the roster with Morris Scott, an assistant coach at Southern. The tour is Aug. 9-17 with games in Croatia. The goal of the GSA is "education, goodwill and sportsmanship through sports."

As freshmen, Foster and Milton helped the Mustangs to a 25-5 season, including a 16-1 record in Moody Coliseum. SMU finished the season ranked No. 24. The Mustangs were as high as No. 8 in the AP top 25 after starting the season 18-0 and being the last undefeated team in the nation.

Last season, Milton was a unanimous AAC All-Rookie selection after averaging 10.5 points, 2.7 assists and 3.0 rebounds. His 42.6 percent 3-point shooting (52-122) ranked third in The American. This July, he was one of just 21 collegiate players that competed at the Nike Skills Academy. Foster played every game as a freshman, averaging 4.9 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 17.4 minutes.

Ojeleye sat out last season after transferring from Duke in January of 2015. Ojeleye was the 2013 Parade Magazine National Player of the Year before playing at Duke. He was part of a GSA team in 2015 that went 5-0 with games in Belgium, Germany, England and the Netherlands.

Global Sports Academy (GSA) is a not-for-profit organization participating in domestic and international competition since 1991. GSA's mission is to arrange athletic competition between equally matched teams at all levels and to "Promote International Goodwill" and a better understanding between nations through sports.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Foster, Milton, Ojeleye Join U.S. Teams For Goodwill Tou

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Will these game be televised or streamed?
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:13 am

LA_Mustang wrote:Will these game be televised or streamed?

Unlikely, they've never televised anything before. I've tried to follow their tours in the past, but they dont even publish box scores.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:21 am

Thanks. That's what I thought. I guess Twitter will probably be the best way to keep up with the action. I wonder who the best person to follow will be?

Looks like @GlobalSports_US is the account and they seem to be very active on Twitter.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:11 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Thanks. That's what I thought. I guess Twitter will probably be the best way to keep up with the action. I wonder who the best person to follow will be?

Looks like @GlobalSports_US is the account and they seem to be very active on Twitter.

Good question. I know I definitely wouldn't follow [deleted] Vitale for this stuff.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:38 am

Any updates on any of this? Bueller?.....
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:22 am

They're back in class now.
smusic 00

Return to Basketball