PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Did anyone see ?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Did anyone see ?

Postby OldPony » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:25 pm

What is the problem with BHop? What is he doing to turn the ball over so often? Is he forcing passes? That doesn't appear to be the case since he had only 3 assists. I know he is supposed to be a great athlete but are we better hasving less talent at point and getting someone who values the ball? Is his defense good enough to keep Bobby A on the bench? When your point has 3 assists and 8 TOs, something needs to change. This was not a very good team that caused this kind of stat. Was Simpson in foul trouble? He played only 15 minutes?
OldPony
Heisman

Re: Did anyone see ?

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:59 pm

Simpson was in foul trouble but seems like he wasn't very productive when he was in there.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:13 pm

Simpson is obviously having to make an adjustment playing the 3 vs the 4 spot he's been at since he arrived at SMU. However, I wouldn't describe 8 boards in only 15 minutes as unproductive.

If this team is going to be successful, I think we need Isham, BHop, Simpson and possibly one other guy to all average double figures.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGVPonyfan » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:17 pm

We saw...and we were about the only ponyfans who saw...myself, my wife & my six month old were there with five busloads of UTPA students and a gym-ful of Bronc fans. SMU looked disjointed, like it was their first game...but you could tell that SMU had far better athletes, which is what won the game for them.
RGVPonyfan

Postby OldPony » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:28 am

Since you saw the game, what was the deal with BHop?
OldPony
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:49 am

They finally got the box score up for the UTPA game. It was good to see that BHop's shooting was much better other than the FT's.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby RGVPonyfan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:47 pm

The deal with Bhop really looked like early season stuff. I heard Dement say to the bench after one turnover, "listen, just because they touch you or bump you doesn't mean you quit doing what you're doing," or something to that effect. It also looked like they had a hard time getting used to the venue--depth perception etc. There were some FT misses on both sides that were really off.
RGVPonyfan

Return to Basketball