PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Isham

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Isham

Postby OldPony » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:58 am

The DMN says that Isham will probably shift to point. I would rather see Bobby A start and leave the other positions in tact. I guess that by going to point, that Miller will be the shooting guard though and I would like to see him get some PT too. It will be interesting to see Iman on the point. Has he ever played point for over a minute or two?
This means that someone (Simpson, Castro or Rack) will have to assume the scoring that the IMan normally provides because I don't think Miller can get hmself open. Prove me wrong Miller. The D worries me more than the O though.
OldPony
Heisman

Re: Isham

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:53 am

I would expect Lowe and Bennett to get more minutes in the guard rotation.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PG » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:04 pm

Isham did play a little point last year. The game really slows down when he does. They're trying to groom Bennett to be the backup but I'm not sure he's ready yet. I'm sure our other guards will handle the ball at times as well. I doubt Bobby will get many (or any) minutes because Dement doesn't play walk-ons. Simple as that. Bobby probably deserves a look but I doubt it will be for any kind of significant minutes tonight.
PG
Junior Varsity

Postby 50's PONY » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:24 pm

PG is right -- he won't play walkons -- doesn't make any difference whether they are good, or if they can help -- he won't play them. Bobby A. works his rear off -- why not give him some time. If you lose to San Diego is it not worth a try!
50's PONY
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:33 pm

B/c Dement is a stubborn SOB
Pony_Fan

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:59 pm

looks like he made the right choice to me since Bennett was the only reason we were even in that game.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:33 pm

walk-ons will get their 30 seconds at the end of blowouts or meaningless games. Remember, if there are just a few minutes to be spread around, there are scholarship guys on the end of the bench waiting for their chance, too. All those guys sittin gon the bench are working just as hard as the others. If a walk-on turns out to be a real surprise and is consistently beating guys at practice, Dement and any other coach will find minutes in the rotation for them.
Charleston Pony

Postby Eddie P » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:26 am

And there is usually a very good reason a player is a walk-on as opposed to a scholarship player. I like Bobby A, but this is oh so similar to the popular phenomenon of the back-up QB being the most popular QB on the team.

Return to Basketball