PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tech Game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tech Game

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:41 pm

Great win!!! I think Tech dropped from the Top 20 with the loss to GT but a solid effort. Lots of TO's on both sides. I was suprised Tech would be so sloppy down the stretch. Emmett was amazing as usual with 28pts and 15rb's I think.

I will be the 1st to admit that Tech had trouble with the 1-3-1 in the 1st half and could not seemt to penetrate or get the ball inside. Hopkins played well but was out of control at times when it counted. I am thinking this team will look pretty decent by the end of the year. The Frosh got some minutes and looked confident and solid. I am still worried about lack of backup PG - Voc just can't get it done but maybe Bennett can fill the void here soon.

Beat the Bears!

<small>[ 12-01-2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Pony_Fan ]</small>
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tech Game

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:46 pm

Just happy with the win!! :)

BEAT THE BEARS!!!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby PK » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:18 am

Originally posted by Pony_Fan:

I will be the 1st to admit that Tech had trouble with the 1-3-1 in the 1st half and could not seemt to penetrate or get the ball inside.
According to the DMN, we were using a 2-3 zone defense last night.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:21 am

Well, he is blind b/c it was 1-3-1 most of the night.
Pony_Fan

Postby Diehard Pony » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:31 am

Actually we used both, but predomanately 1-3-1 in the first half. Dement did shake things up in the second half by using a 2-3 zone trap part of the time, and it was effective.

I thought it was one of Dement's best coaching jobs in terms of defensive changes, and substitutions.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Return to Basketball