PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

forgot to mention..

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

forgot to mention..

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:51 pm

For you out of towners - CP

The attendance was average. We priced ourselves out of getting good numbers which was a bad idea if you ask me. Why not pack it in with reg ticket prices? Wake is a Top 15 right now but I imagine there will be less than tonight.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: forgot to mention..

Postby gostangs » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:54 pm

I am fine with the gouging - we got their $ and a win - how sweet is that?

nice job band - taking their momentum away on several occasions - their crowd could not get anything going.
gostangs

Postby GallopingGuy » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:27 am

I think that's one thing that we do really well--do better than most basketball bands in the country, actually. Our directors are really good about sensing the flow of the game, and shutting up the opposing fans so they can't give their team any momentum. Keeps them out of the game, for the most part.

Our guys always seem to have a much better record at Moody than they do on the road, and I like to think that the Mustang Band has a lot to do with the home court advantage they get there. We certainly do our best to make an impact on the game in any way that we can.
"...and right to the end we'll stand..."
GallopingGuy
Recruit

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:31 am

it's always tough to win on the road in college basketball, and Moody can be a very hostile environment when packed. I'm really disappointed we priced ourselves out of a packed house last night. The objective should be to put butts in the seats. Creating a better environment helps your team, results in more wins and helps impress recruits. Most kids would prefer to play to a packed house and really feel appreciated for their efforts.
Charleston Pony

Postby methodistmustang » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:01 am

I would like to note that because the price of tickets went up I think we had about the same number of fans they did. I'm sick of having less fans than the other team. I am in favor of the price hike after last night. I'd just like to see more mustang fans filling up the seats. We had an actual home court advantage last night and I think the price hike had a lot to do with it.
SMU-THE University of Texas
methodistmustang
Scout Team

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:34 am

Methodist, I agree with you 100%. It was a great atmosphere anyway at 6200. 3000 more Tech fans there would not have done anything but discourage our guys. There is no way it would have made them feel appreciated.
Hoop Fan

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:43 am

It was a good atmosphere and I had a lot of fun but don't you think it discouraged SMU fans also?

Was the TCU/Kansas game sold out - what were the ticket prices there?
Pony_Fan

Return to Basketball