PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Elijah Landrum

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Elijah Landrum

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:We might see 3 Okies in our backcourt next year? Of course, Shake having a monster year may be the key to a great 1st season in the Jankovich era but could also make Shake a 1st round pick next year. I like Elijah's numbers and trust Jank's evaluation of PGs.

Not starting -- I think Jarrey, Whitt, and the Aussie might have something to say about that.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby deucetz » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:45 am

ojaipony wrote:Those numbers look very much like Shake's. Smaller, grittier version of him maybe. "Pure" PG. Hope Shake stays next year to play with him.

I hope Shake is gone to the NBA as a first round pick this year. I don't want him to be a three or four year player, if he doesn't have to be. That will mean he did something remarkable for the team, potentially a tournament run. He will be a millionaire, it will help with recruiting etc. We need to start sending players to the NBA if we really want to consistently get great recruits.
Last edited by deucetz on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deucetz
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:We might see 3 Okies in our backcourt next year? Of course, Shake having a monster year may be the key to a great 1st season in the Jankovich era but could also make Shake a 1st round pick next year. I like Elijah's numbers and trust Jank's evaluation of PGs.

Not starting -- I think Jarrey, Whitt, and the Aussie might have something to say about that.

agreed; I meant in the rotation. Roster may dictate a 3 guard look and Jarrey is looking like a 2/3 hybrid like Sterling has been for us.
Charleston Pony

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:57 pm

deucetz wrote:
ojaipony wrote:Those numbers look very much like Shake's. Smaller, grittier version of him maybe. "Pure" PG. Hope Shake stays next year to play with him.

I hope Shake is gone to the NBA as a first round pick this year. I don't want him to be a three or four year player, if he doesn't have to be. That will mean he did something remarkable for the team, potentially a tournament run. He will be a millionaire, it will help with recruiting etc. We need to start sending players to the NBA if we really want to consistently get great recruits.

I agree, although look at a guy like Kris Dunn -- probably would've been a top 20 pick two years ago, came back after a stellar junior year and went fifth overall.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby jimhagle » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:11 am

Good get! Welcome!
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:03 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:
deucetz wrote:

I agree, although look at a guy like Kris Dunn -- probably would've been a top 20 pick two years ago, came back after a stellar junior year and went fifth overall.

Doesn't always work for everyone like it did for Dunn. Sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot. Also, if the iron is hot you may not want to risk coming back and getting injured while playing for free. Just a personal decision.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ojaipony » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 pm

deucetz wrote:

I hear you, would like him to do that after his junior year but yeah I agree with all of that.
ojaipony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:39 pm

I guess it's not impossible that we have three NBA draftees after this season.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:56 pm

@PrepHoopsOK
Elijah Landrum hit the 2,000 point mark for his career last night. #PrepHoops

@TCBBall
VS Edison Landrum 24p & 12 boards Richardson 13p & 6 boards Daniels 10 boards Lowe 8 boards. @ballislifeEli23 @swaggy_D2345

@charliew2525
SMU signee's were stellar at #TOC @EthanChargois averaged 16.3 PPG and 10.6 RPG @ballislifeEli23 averaged an amazing 33.6PPG 9.3RPG #PonyUp

After seeing a few stat lines from his games it appears Landrum will continue our trend of strong rebounding guards.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby PonyLawExpress » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:42 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:@PrepHoopsOK
Elijah Landrum hit the 2,000 point mark for his career last night. #PrepHoops

@TCBBall
VS Edison Landrum 24p & 12 boards Richardson 13p & 6 boards Daniels 10 boards Lowe 8 boards. @ballislifeEli23 @swaggy_D2345

@charliew2525
SMU signee's were stellar at #TOC @EthanChargois averaged 16.3 PPG and 10.6 RPG @ballislifeEli23 averaged an amazing 33.6PPG 9.3RPG #PonyUp

After seeing a few stat lines from his games it appears Landrum will continue our trend of strong rebounding guards.

Landrum is a hustle machine and has unreal ups for a small guard. If he can become a more consistent shooter he will be a player. Already strong and a good defender.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Given his athletic ability I'd have to think his ceiling is pretty high. (even though actually....its kinda low)
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:32 am

The kid jumps like BHop in high school. Some of his posters defy being 5'10 on a step stool
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony81 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 am

BHop had some serious bounce!
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby RI Stang » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:47 am

Excited about this class coming in - sure hope we can add a 5th year transfer big to the mix, that would really nicely round things out IMO.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby okcponyfan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:58 am

a little pub...

he was named as a nominee to the McDonald's AA game

http://newsok.com/norman-norths-trae-yo ... le/5534123
okcponyfan
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball