PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Drummin' Cowboy

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Drummin' Cowboy

Postby WildHorse » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:41 am

Our man was at it again!

I hate to single out just him -- it's like giving all the credit to a pitcher who throws a one-hitter without crediting the defense behind him -- but he was absolutely out of control (in a good way.) Please, if you didn't make it to a basketball game last year, or if you're one of those (like me) who rarely notices the band, you owe it to yourself to make a trip out to the games to see this dude. And you owe it to the team to come out and cheer the Ponies to another big win!
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Re: Drummin' Cowboy

Postby GallopingGuy » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:42 am

He's definitely a great guy to have down there on the drums for us; heck, this is both his and my fourth year in the band (we're both seniors), and I still have a blast watching him. :)
"...and right to the end we'll stand..."
GallopingGuy
Recruit

Postby Dement-ed » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:33 pm

Someone needs to steal that guy's textbooks and get him drunk the night before exams, so he'll flunk a few classes - and that way, we get to keep him around another year.

This has got to be the first individual band guy with fans!
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Postby CoxSMU » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:23 pm

For those of use who have no idea what you are referring to, what is this all about?
Geaux Ponies and Geaux LSU!
CoxSMU
Junior Varsity

Postby ponybutt » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:41 pm

go to a game...watch the band during time outs...you'll figure it out!!!!
ponybutt
Junior Varsity

Postby Higher Authority » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:02 am

There's a guy in the Mustang Band who wears a straw cowboy hat (hence the name). This guy is an absolute marvel to watch. Not only is he a terrific drummer, he also looks like he's having more fun and has more energy than anyone in the building. He's incapable of sitting still and simply playing. He's bouncing all over the place, dancing, yelling .... he's all over the place. Outside of the Mustangs competing in the games, he's the most entertainment to walk into Moody in years.
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby Eddie P » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:02 am

Let's nominate him for president...or sainthood.

Postby XmustangXdeathX » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:57 am

Thank you guys for all of the kind words; I am extraordinarily appreciative to know that people enjoy all of us. I go out to every game with the same desire to cheer for the Mustangs that everyone else has. Granted, lots of that energy and desire is translated into my drumming, but I don't feel like I do anything different or special from others in the band or at the game.

My most passionate love (aside from God, which means I will have to refuse sainthood and pre-finals drunkness, but thanks guys!) is most definitely music, and I'm grateful that I DO have an outlet to do so in this band, at this school. It's so nice to know people love what we do, and it WILL be sad to leave all of this next year, but I need to move on so I can pay back my parents and SMU for the 4 incredible years I've had here.

Everyone says college is the time of your life, well if it wasn't for this band, it wouldn't have been. I'm grateful that I've been singled out, so next time you think we do a good job, let us know. Walk up to ANY band member, shake his/her hand and let them know what you think. I know I appreciate it.

Thanks again guys. Make this one count.
Oh you gotta love it. The horns, the drums, the noise! It's all for the love of music, for the love of the game.
XmustangXdeathX
Scout Team

Postby Spaz » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:16 am

Originally posted by Eddie P:
Let's nominate him for president...or sainthood.
Saint Travis of Hill!!!! Hmmmmmmmmm :hmm:
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby CoxSMU » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:43 pm

I now know exactly who y'all are talking about now. I wanna go and see more of him now that I know more about him...
Geaux Ponies and Geaux LSU!
CoxSMU
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball