PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I know we are all excited, but...

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I know we are all excited, but...

Postby braginator » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:18 pm

Anyone else watch Indiana (who as much as I hate to say it, is probably a lot better than us) get smoked tonight by Wake. I hope we got some secret weapon or something, cause we are in for one hell of a whopping, from one hell of a team!!! :showoff:
braginator
Junior Varsity

Re: I know we are all excited, but...

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:01 pm

I agree its gonna be hard to beat Wake Forest but right now we need our guys forcusing on Baylor and beatin em!! GO MUSTANGS!! SHOOT THE BEARS!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Higher Authority » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:24 am

Considering the events of last summer, the last part of that post is in extremely poor taste. Perhaps it was a joke. If so, it was a very bad one. I urge you to edit/remove that line.
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby OldPony » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:36 am

The Bears should be like an exhibition game this year. They were deciomated by the scandal and would have been a good matchup otherwise. If we don't beat them by 20 it will be considered a bad outing.
Wake is outstanding as I reported from watching them earlier. Last night they really whipped up on IU. I love it that we will play them at SMU. It will give us a clear understanding of how good our team is. Wake is underrated at 16. They are as strong or stronger than anyone I've seen including KU and certainly better than #5 Missouri.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:27 pm

The interesting thing will be to see how Wake does in that meat grinder known as the ACC. Md. is rebuilding, but UNC is improved. GT is strong this year. Duke is still there. Then there are schools like UVa., Clemson, and NC State just waiting to play them at home. Even FSU can pull off an upset now and then.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Stallion » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:31 pm

Baylor still has some quality Division 1A players-never overlook any team on the road!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby OldPony » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:58 pm

If we lose to Baylor, it will be the worst loss since...... I don't know when but a long time. Granted anyone can win especially at home but Baylor is not very good and will finish dead last in the Big 12. I will be surprised if they win 3 conference games.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball