PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wake Forest ticket prices

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Wake Forest ticket prices

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:47 pm

As much as I like the tactic of raising prices for the Tech game to keep from getting drowned out in our own building, that tactic has no relevance for Wake Forest. There will be zero walkup at those prices, Wake is not a national name people get too excited about, but with discounts and promotion it can sell. I plead with the marketing dept. to offer a firesale $10 special to the Wake game to build off the momentum of Tech. Its a Monday night afterall, them prices wont work.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Wake Forest ticket prices

Postby KnuckleStang » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:21 pm

I think a closeout sale on tickets would be great too, but it doesn't look like that right now. Website shows Wake tix for $37, with baseline going for $20. Compare that to App St. tix at (I think) $24 and $3. I see what they're trying to do, but if they're going to gouge people, the least they can do is promote the tar out of it, and make it worthwhile. Safe to say Skip Prosser will not draw like The General, and Wake faithful won't exactly pad our gate like Tech. I'd be shocked and thrilled if we get 3500 at those prices.

<small>[ 12-02-2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: KnuckleStang ]</small>
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball