PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank twitter

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jank twitter

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:35 pm

smupony94 wrote: I would rather be on a deserted island with footballdad than him

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:22 pm

smupony94 wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:[quote="ericdickerson4life"]Just can't win as an SMU fan huh? Just go root for another school. No one here will miss you. And we are doomed so it all seems to point to you exiting stage right for greener pastures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once SMU's program reaches the next level, the negative loser fans will dissipate and more optimist PB-type fans will spring out of the woodwork. See you at Ford for UH.

I really hope that you're the only person that is like you.

I would rather be on a deserted island with footballdad then him[/quote]
Lol you got issues 94
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:23 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:
ericdickerson4life wrote:Just can't win as an SMU fan huh? Just go root for another school. No one here will miss you. And we are doomed so it all seems to point to you exiting stage right for greener pastures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once SMU's program reaches the next level, the negative loser fans will dissipate and more optimist PB-type fans will spring out of the woodwork. See you at Ford for UH.

I really hope that you're the only person that is like you.

People like me fill up moody lol
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:39 pm

People like you got served a smelly shitsandwich by the staff a few hours ago. Onward and upward
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:41 pm

hoopmanx wrote:People like you got served a smelly shitsandwich by the staff a few hours ago. Onward and upward

You're so full of [deleted] you think i'm againsy the hoops program. I am happy that they are recruiting at a high level, I was worried there would be a dropoff. Unlike you, that cheers actively against our football program, I support basketball equally.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:42 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
smupony94 wrote: I would rather be on a deserted island with footballdad than him

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Dude...if we are going to be a nationally relevant program we ALL need to set out goals a bit higher. :lol:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Signing day can't get here soon enough.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:29 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:People like you got served a smelly shitsandwich by the staff a few hours ago. Onward and upward

You're so full of [deleted] you think i'm againsy the hoops program. I am happy that they are recruiting at a high level, I was worried there would be a dropoff. Unlike you, that cheers actively against our football program, I support basketball equally.

Well you keep saying the same thing over and over when in fact the evidence proves you wrong.

The facts are there has been no recruiting drop off. Still to be determined is success on the court next season, but Jank proved he can coach by going 9-0 when HCLB was under suspension.

At some point you have to revise your hypothesis after the data disproves your theory.

Regardless things are moving in the right direction whether you believe it or not.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Pony Boss wrote:

Lol, I've never cheered against SMU football for even a down, in the 27 years I've been affiliated w the school, despite it being a mostly unwatchable product. i don't troll the football board ever, unlike you trolling the hoops board. you create threads on the hoops board, mocking the fact that many of us regard our sports future as being hoops, not football.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:10 pm

hoopmanx wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:

Lol, I've never cheered against SMU football for even a down, in the 27 years I've been affiliated w the school, despite it being a mostly unwatchable product. i don't troll the football board ever, unlike you trolling the hoops board. you create threads on the hoops board, mocking the fact that many of us regard our sports future as being hoops, not football.

The future will be in both sports being good, believe it or not.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:40 am

I think I can make the following statement that most would agree on.

Everyone wants both FB & BB to excel (I personally think our long-term viability in both sports is reliant on FB being good).

That being said, even with P5 membership, I don't see our FB team being a major player under almost any condition. BB, yes, I can see us being a force.

That's why people say we are a BB school.
SoCal_Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:01 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:I think I can make the following statement that most would agree on.

Everyone wants both FB & BB to excel (I personally think our long-term viability in both sports is reliant on FB being good).

That being said, even with P5 membership, I don't see our FB team being a major player under almost any condition. BB, yes, I can see us being a force.

That's why people say we are a BB school.

We need the $$$ and to a lesser extent the prestige football brings but it's waaaay harder to pick yourself up off the canvas when you've been knocked out.

In basketball you can move faster and at far less expense. Let's assume (for just a second) that someone in the administration has figured this out.

Our ceiling is higher in basketball and may be forever. You gotta start with a food truck until you can afford the rent for a restaurant.

Football school with a basketball "problem."
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Wild Mustang » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:32 am

We are very fortunate to have Coach Jank! Let's don't forget that Coach Jank recruited and signed Nic Moore out of High School, brought him to SMU, and oh, that's right... he is undefeated as an SMU Head Coach. I believe that when he was Head Coach at the beginning of last season SMU beat Michigan, Gonzaga, Stanford, and others. Not too bad. Coach Jank is known and respected in college basketball circles. This SMU Basketball Team under Coach Jank this year will be a Top 25 Team, maybe Top 10 Team this season and make a serious run in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe I am dreaming here, but I really think that we have a serious shot at winning a National Championship this season under guess who? Coach Jank.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby smupony94 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:45 am

Wild Mustang wrote:We are very fortunate to have Coach Jank! Let's don't forget that Coach Jank recruited and signed Nic Moore out of High School, brought him to SMU, and oh, that's right... he is undefeated as an SMU Head Coach. I believe that when he was Head Coach at the beginning of last season SMU beat Michigan, Gonzaga, Stanford, and others. Not too bad. Coach Jank is known and respected in college basketball circles. This SMU Basketball Team under Coach Jank this year will be a Top 25 Team, maybe Top 10 Team this season and make a serious run in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe I am dreaming here, but I really think that we have a serious shot at winning a National Championship this season under guess who? Coach Jank.

Go to Vegas - 100-1 odds for SMU
smupony94

Jank twitter

Postby Treadway21 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:16 am

Leicester did it last year on longer odds - so why not.

(Won a championship not a NCAA championship.)
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball