PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Oh my..

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Oh my..

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:51 pm

Whew - we LUCKED out! thank goodness..you don't want Thomas to get the ball.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:54 pm

OVER! Whooo Thank god!!

Final!!! 2nd straight Big 12 Victory for our guys

SMU-64
Baylor-62
Mustangs35SMU

Postby D » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:54 pm

Way to go Ponies. 66-62 Ponies win. Good to see a bunch of different guys contribute on a night when Hop can't find the bucket. I liked seeing him back off on his shots when they weren't falling and dishing the ball more (6 Assists). Simpson, Castro and Miller (down the stretch) all sounded like they played good games.
D
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:55 pm

ANY road win is a good win in college hoops. I had hoped to be 3-1 at this point of the season, but wasn't sure we could do it. Looking good for at least 5-5 in the non-conference schedule. Just keep improving, guys.

Agree with tthe comments about Bhop. Best thing about those 6 assists is he had only ONE turnover tonight and played all but 3 minutes. Good job, Bhop. Good clutch FT shooting by Patrick and Brian Miller had a couple of key buckets late.

<small>[ 12-03-2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Charleston Pony ]</small>
Charleston Pony

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:56 pm

Dement better be glad Baylor only had SIX scholorship players. But it goes in the WIN column!!! Go Ponies!!!
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:57 pm

You got 66? ooo the game tracker thing said it was 64-62
Mustangs35SMU

Postby PonyTales » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:03 am

Remember, the guys invested a lot of themselves Monday night - that was the first time ever that SMU had beaten a Bob Knight-coached team, and although the Red Raiders had fallen out of the top 25 earlier Monday, it was still a very big win. You had to expect a letdown. The fact that we pulled off tonight's game - two days after a big win, on the road - speaks to the toughness of our team.

Well done, Ponies!
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:44 am

A win. Not a particularly good effort by the Ponies. I'm sure they were drained after playing 3 games with 2 on the road in such a short span though. The Rack was nearly invisiable in 10 minutes and he has to get much better for this team to be good. BHop handled the ball much better but had problems shooting again. Simpson, Castro and Lowe played very well and Miller had a big basket late.
The next game will let us know if the Ponies are for real. Wake looks as good as anyone with great balance. I'd love to see SMU hang with them but I am afraid of a runaway. It would be great if we had some support for that game but it isn't likely since SMU is on break and Dallas doesn't turn out for college basketball.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby ponyte » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:00 am

Our beloved Ponies beat a good TTU team and then play flat and still beat a Baylor team. That speaks volumes as to the improvement of our team. We have the talent to win games we should win even if we don't play well. That is improvement. The fellas get a long period off before Wake. I hope they continue to improve and focus. We could have a really fine season. And after football, we could use a fine season.
ponyte

Postby EastStang » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:29 am

I saw the Wake game the other night. Whew, they are loaded. This will give BHOP a chance to show his stuff against a name opponant. If I'm Bhop, I'm going to try and play the game of my life. Are we going to have ACC refs, WAC refs, or neutral refs? ACC refs call a pretty tight game.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby KnuckleStang » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:46 pm

Should be ACC refs, right? Visiting team?
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball