PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bob Knight on the Ticket

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Bob Knight on the Ticket

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:26 am

Let's see. Tech will be losing their best player next year. SMU will return all but K.Lowe and is slated to play Tech again next year. Sounds like Mr Knight is planning a way out of that game, although it would be pretty lame to use this as an excuse since next year's game is at Tech. If Tech cancels that game, I believe it's because Knight fears another (what he considers embarrasing) loss to SMU. Don't want to give SMU any recruiting edge in Dallas.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smudad » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:30 am

I think it shows how much credance you can give Knight's remarks when he attacks our administration in general and Dr. Turner specifically. "I thought today about writing a letter to the president of SMU, but I'm sure that wouldn't do any good. That must happen at every game, and he must condone that kind of thing." "An administration at SMU, if there is an administration there, ought to be embarrassed to have people sit in their arena like those people did," Lost his credibility right there. He's a childish older man who has never had to exercise any self-control. He plays well at times. But as time goes on, his act looks more and more foolish.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Postby Nacho » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:18 am

It's just BK theater. Also gives him a good excuse to play UNT or TCU. Why would he want to lose in Dallas every other year? The guy is a bully. He did get what he wanted. Everyone is distracted from the TT loss.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Spaz » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:59 pm

Allright, how do we get in contact with this [deleted] Bag? I wanna give him a piece of my mind. And frankly next year? I'm gonna go all out on classless comments!!!

GO GET 'EM MANIACS!!! We should have EVERY team's coach this upset
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby Crong » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:27 pm

Ticket reviewing interview right now.
Crong
Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball